Zumba success?

Options
I keep seeing commercials for Zumba and it looks like a good workout! Has anyone tried it and had success with it? If I were to do it I would probably look for a dvd or game version (Wii or Xbox Kinect) because those fit into my schedule better.

Replies

• johnnlinda
    Options
    I'm going to be getting it for Kinect soon. I have not tried it either, but everyone says it awesome. I had it for the Wii and it didn't read all my moves. I just got frustrated and put one of my dvd's in instead. My son said it will be much better with the xbox. I did just get the Nike for xbox and I'm going to try it out today.
  • dinamadden
    Options
    i did zumba once a week for 6 weeks
    it's really good fun, but you would have to either combine it with other training, or do it multiple times a week to get the full benefits

its great for helping with endurance :)
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! LOVE LOVE IT!

I go 3 days a week... when I started I was just keeping my calories down, got rid of all fast food, and started Zumba.

I lost 25 inches in about 8 weeks, mostly from around my midsection (upper rib cage down to hips- which is THE hardest spot for me to loose normally), and went down 15lbs.

I don't miss a class unless I'm too sick to go at this point.

OH- I have the DVD's too. Here's my take on them.

They're good for showing you what to do, as long as you can pick up the movement... however I got a little bored unless I was doing it with a group of people. The classes are WAY more fun! Search on the zumba website for all of the class locations near you and give a couple different instructors a try... you may find it's worth fitting it into a busy schedule. :wink: