being extra emotional

Options
I've found myself being extra emotional lately. Which is strange, since I've never been an emotional person. My mom has commented before about how I never show my emotions. Well, if she had been with me the past week, she would have been floored!
I don't know if it is now that I am not using food as a distraction, that I am now having to deal with emotions that I didn't before, or if all the crappy things going on are finally getting to me. Maybe I'm having a nervous break down???

Anyone else finding themselves this way?

Replies

• mbrocksocks
    mbrocksocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They say horomones are stored in your fat cells, and as you burn that fat they are released into your system. When I lost a lot of weight previously I seemed to have a surge of emotional tendencies. That could be ONE contributing factor.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    They say horomones are stored in your fat cells, and as you burn that fat they are released into your system. When I lost a lot of weight previously I seemed to have a surge of emotional tendencies. That could be ONE contributing factor.

So to be healthy, I also get to be cold and weepy. Oh joy!! LOL
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are not alone Robin! I am on that same emotional roller coaster with you babe. Between shivering all the time and crying easily and getting my feelings hurt at the drop of a hat I feel like the healthier I get, the worse I feel! I just keep hoping that it is a passing phase and soon it will all be over.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not hiding emotions with food is probably a big part of it. Things will probably balance out eventually, you just need to learn new ways to deal with things. Now me, I can be emotional no matter what size I am or what I'm eating :) Showing emotion isn't a bad thing, but can be annoying if you can't reign them in when you need to.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a good way to deal with the emotional overload.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a good way to deal with the emotional overload.

I went to the gym today, and I do feel better. I just started my vacation, and I plan to spend a lot of time at the gym.....much to my guys enjoyment.....:wink: (a good side affect......how the gym makes me more....loving.....lol
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh my god just no.

Just stop.

STAHP!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Oh my god just no.

Just stop.

STAHP!

SRSLY
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Hormones stored in fat cells?!? That's hilarious!!

I would chalk it up to not eating your stress away. If you can learn how to channel it into something else, you may find that you won't be as weepy.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-4786-1355518306-2.gif

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Yeah. Also, the reason people are overweight is because they have too much wisdom and love in them, so it leaks out of their brains and hearts and causes obesity.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Welp. My life is done. If my hormones are stored in my fat cells I'm screwed.

And I'm 35, just that much closer to menopause where hormones may be extracted, can I afford to lose more hormones?

My doctor will LOVE this when I ask for hormone replacements because, GASP...I have lost fat cells.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-4786-1355518306-2.gif

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

tumblr_lq3yk3b8yO1qlufb3o1_500.gif

so I finally know why I'm so sad all the time
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Yeah. Also, the reason people are overweight is because they have too much wisdom and love in them, so it leaks out of their brains and hearts and causes obesity.
    This only applies to women.

Duh!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Science.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My whoremones ARE stored in my fat cells. You don't know my body. As I get skinnier, I get sluttier. Prove me wrong.
  • Contrarian
    Options

This only applies to women.

Duh!

Oh. I feel so foolish for telling all the fat guys on the street and at work that this is why they're fat. I guess I owe some people some apologies.
  • Contrarian
    Options

Science.

Exactly. I read it in a book. I think it was called "The Big Book of Stupid Reasons".
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OP- How is your nutrition and exercise? I suspect your original idea is right- that you've lost your primary coping mechanism, but it could also be affected by diet (particularly if you're undereating significantly), and getting regular exercise could help you deal a little better, if you aren't already exercising.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    My whoremones ARE stored in my fat cells. You don't know my body. As I get skinnier, I get sluttier. Prove me wrong.

You know, that totally makes sense to me. *nods*