30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 2 this morning. Oh my lanta its hard. I love it though. Level 1 started out hard for me, but by the end, I was almost bored with it. I could get through the workouts (Watching Natalie) and barely breaking a sweat. But when I did day 1 of level 2 yesterday, I about died. I am hoping it gets easier. I am sure it will, just like level 1 did. Level 2 just has a lot more upper body strength moves, and I REALLY lack upper body strength. I'm going to stick with it though. I might stay on level 2 longer than 10 days, I want to feel comfortable with it before I move on to level 3.

oh my! now i am scared of level 2! lol i have like no upper body stregnth!!! ahhh!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 2 of Level 1, and compared to the first time I tried 30DS I don't feel too bad ;) I'm also riding my stationary bike afterwards though and it seems to be making my legs not hurt QUITE as bad (but yes, I still hurt lol)

Edited to add...I quit 30DS first time through when I sprained my ankle while running and found myself unable to do several of the exercises. No quitting this time, though!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Your body will retain water to repair your muscles. Unless you ate 7,000 calories over what your body expended, you didn't gain 2 real pounds.

Take measurements instead of the scale, that will tell you if you are burning fat.

im trying to figure out how to take mesurments correctly so i take them in the same spot every time... any suggetions?

I tend to use freckles, dimples, or scars to help me measure the same spot each time--I know it's silly, but at least my measuring tape is in the same spot every time :)
  • livinglife72
    Options
    I started it a few months ago,and after 3 days I was so sore in my legs I could barely walk ,not kidding I was in tears.But on the up side it is a great workout and Iam going to start it again but this time I will start out doing it every other day until my body stops screaming at me to stop!!
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 2 of Level 1. I love the workout. I was able to do more push ups today than the first. My problem is actually with the jumping jacks and the lateral leg squats. I have bad knees. I can do the first set of jumping jacks and then have to run in place because my knees give out. Also if I go too far into the lateral squat on the left side my knee buckles. It sucks. Anyone else with knee issues?
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im starting 30ds today L1D1 here is a link for doing measurements for those who want/need the help figuring out where to measure http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1281. enjoy.