re: CAN'T SEEM TO GET OFF THE PLATEAU

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions, for getting me out of my rutt? I have been at 141 for like the last month +. Which is a good thing because in April of 07 i was 198! I just can't seem to get anything more off! I would like to do about 15-20 more! I would then feel oober good! I don't seem to be eating any more or less than what I was, and I love food, so I don't want to cut back any further from my cal count of 1200. (also unhealthy). I have a treadmill, an eliptical, a Wii Fit, a total gym, and other random little workout equipment at home! Any suggestions on a plan?

Replies

• jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions, for getting me out of my rutt? I have been at 141 for like the last month +. Which is a good thing because in April of 07 i was 198! I just can't seem to get anything more off! I would like to do about 15-20 more! I would then feel oober good! I don't seem to be eating any more or less than what I was, and I love food, so I don't want to cut back any further from my cal count of 1200. (also unhealthy). I have a treadmill, an eliptical, a Wii Fit, a total gym, and other random little workout equipment at home! Any suggestions on a plan?
  • Here is some advice that I got from a friend of mine who is a dietician. First of all, be sure that you continue to eat. I have 5 small 200-300 calorie meals/snacks throughout the day, no more than 2 1/2 hours apart each should have no more than 30 g carbs and (here's what will get you off the plateau) at least 10 g protein. The protein feeds your lean muscle and that will boost your metabolism.

You know that muscle weighs more than fat, so keep that in mind. A better measure of your success may be how your pants fit.

Congratulations by the way on the progress you already have made.

A product that I take that has been absolutely fabulous in helping to preserve and strengthen my muscles and keep me from getting flabby while I lose the weight is Advocare Catalyst. I LOVE this product and talk about it so much that I decided to stop just recommending it and start selling it.

Like you I wanted to be able to work from home to spend more time with my daughter. I don't type very fast, so medical billing was out, but Catalyst has helped me to be able to quit my job and stay at home with my daughter and go to the gym anytime I want!

Good luck on your continued success - I hope this helps.
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    You just have to switch it up, it sounds like you have a lot of different ways of working out, try running outside. it is much hardder than runnung on a tredmill and it uses different muscles. or you can change what you are eating. stay at 1200 calories but try different foods. i suggest fiber one cereal (the original, it is kind of weird tasting, i put a banana in it). it is very high in fiber, i always loose weight easier when i am getting at least 50 g of fiber a day. try different exesizes, and different foods. are you doing weight training? building extra muscle helps speed up your metabolizm. :smile: good luck, i just got over a plateau myself.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the calories that u burn from exercise? Maybe you're in "starvation mode"? I have no idea! I usually just switch everything up to shock my system when I hit a plateau. Like, I'll eat extra for a day or two and then cut way back again...or kick up the exercise, but u need to eat those extra calories. Good luck to you :)