COOK YOURSELF THIN - Raspberry Orange banana smoothie...

Options
AprilChampion
AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
Only 200 calories and SOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious!!!

1 cup of Fresh Raspberries
1/2 cup banana sliced
2 1/2 cups of Orange Juice

Blend until smooth and frothy.

Serves two

I made it this morning for me and my husband and OMG it was soooooooooooo good. REALLY good if you have a major sweet tooth and want something healthy. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    ZOMG..... I'll take 548739578934 of those, please and thank you.

Well... maybe not that many. But that sounds soooooo good.
  • percyflea
    Options
    Bean Soup With Kale - this is a GREAT recipe; I just HAD to share!

Its my slightly modified version from :
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bean-Soup-With-Kale/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

It has terrific reviews plus I have made it twice and both hubby and I loved it!

Bean Soup With Kale

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    8 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    4 cups raw kale, chopped
    4 cups low-fat, low-sodium
    chicken or vegetable broth
    2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, such as cannellini or navy, undrained
    1 can tomatoes of your choice, chopped
    1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
    Add salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
    In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion; saute until soft.
    Add chopped kale and saute, stirring, until wilted.
    Add 3 cups of broth, 2 cups of beans, and all of the tomato, herbs, salt and pepper.
    Simmer 5 minutes. In a blender or food processor, mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
    Stir into soup to thicken. Simmer 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls.
  • AprilChampion
    Options
    ZOMG..... I'll take 548739578934 of those, please and thank you.

Well... maybe not that many. But that sounds soooooo good.

it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss GOOD!!! the seeds from the raspberries were a bit annoying but other then that it was so yummy!!
  • supercool111
    Options
    200 calories? Are you sure? Orange juice is quite calorific...

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't drink smoothies! I adore smoothies! But I think that maybe the calorie content has been miscalculated slightly...
  • AprilChampion
    Options
    200 calories? Are you sure? Orange juice is quite calorific...

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't drink smoothies! I adore smoothies! But I think that maybe the calorie content has been miscalculated slightly...

Im telling you. IN the book, it HAS the caloric intake of the smoothie. it says 200 IN the book....WHY would i lie? Im just tellin ya what the book says it is. its a COOK YOURSELF THIN book, so why would IT lie?
  • supercool111
    Options

Im telling you. IN the book, it HAS the caloric intake of the smoothie. it says 200 IN the book....WHY would i lie? Im just tellin ya what the book says it is. its a COOK YOURSELF THIN book, so why would IT lie?

I never accused anyone of lying. I just said I think the calorie content may have been miscalculated as orange juice is quite high in calories. Pure orange juice is about 43 cals per 100mls. 2.5 cups is about 600mls. So the orange juice on its own would be 260 calories. Then of course there is the banana which of course would vary in size, and the raspberries. I'm just warning you.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I never accused anyone of lying. I just said I think the calorie content may have been miscalculated as orange juice is quite high in calories. Pure orange juice is about 43 cals per 100mls. 2.5 cups is about 600mls. So the orange juice on its own would be 260 calories. Then of course there is the banana which of course would vary in size, and the raspberries. I'm just warning you.

it is two servings she said...
  • AprilChampion
    Options

it is two servings she said...

Yea the recipe serves two. its not a single serving...it actually turned out after i poured mine and my husbands, there was still enough for a possible third (at least HALF) glass.