Strength training ideas? cardio is not cutting it.

Options
2»

Replies

• JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you had a look at the TRX? Amazing workout using bodyweight, my husband was deployed overseas and lots of the guys kept in shape with it. You change the angle of your body to change the workout. Easy to throw over a door, or tie to just about anything.

I also do bodyweight exercises with a fitball (eg push ups with feet on the ball, and from this position you can pull your knees in and get a killer ab workout). I also do lunges and squats around the house using anything heavy I can find. I like triceps dips off the stairs too.
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    Options
    Have you had a look at the TRX? Amazing workout using bodyweight, my husband was deployed overseas and lots of the guys kept in shape with it. You change the angle of your body to change the workout. Easy to throw over a door, or tie to just about anything.

I also do bodyweight exercises with a fitball (eg push ups with feet on the ball, and from this position you can pull your knees in and get a killer ab workout). I also do lunges and squats around the house using anything heavy I can find. I like triceps dips off the stairs too.

All great ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    Options
    Can't out train bad eating. Start by making sure you are eating enough, but not too much and make sure you weigh or measure everything.

Like the other suggestions Strong Lifts or New Rules of Lifting for Women. You can also check out some of the free programs on Bodybuilding.com

I guess I am trying to find my magic calorie number to lose weight. I have averaged around 1500-1750 calories a day. MFP puts me at 1840 daily to lose a pound a week. Should I start at 1200 and then eat part of my calories back from exercise and increase every few weeks? I don't have a food scale I guess I should invest in one. I hear the eat more weigh less concept concerning metabolism trying to understand the concept completely.