hate when i cant see result :( *photos*

Options
this is taken almost 4 weeks apart, i´ve lost 9 lbs since 21.nov and 13 inches but i still cant see any result i´ve worked so hard this past 4 weels !

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #12***

While we fully support this user and her weight loss and we commend you for being brave enough to put these pictures in the public the pictures do have to be removed because they are a violation of guideline #12

12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
- no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
- no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
- no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
- no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
- no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
- no hateful or violent imagery
- no images containing profanity or vulgarity
If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With Respect,
Scott
MyFitnessPal Staff

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Honestly 9 pounds isn't going to do much in the way of being physically noticeable unless you have very little to lose in the first place. Just remember that it's coming off and what you're doing is working whether you can see it yet or not.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That's what tape measures are for. Changes aren't always apparent in photos, but will be more telling when there's a number you can put on it.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I agree with Purpleipod, also your body tends to take weight off starting at the top and moving down. You might start to see a difference in your face before anything else.
  • skyttles
    skyttles Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I forget how long it takes to physically see results, but i know it takes at least 4 weeks if not longer and is dependent in part on the total % of weight that you loose (and i'm sure somebody else will post that for you!). Its probably just to early for you to see anything definitive. Don't give up because you can't see what you want from your pictures. 9 lbs and 13 inches lost is awesome!

Also, the pictures are small and the sizing is slightly different which always throws me off, but i personally see a difference in your waist. Don't judge yourself so harshly that you miss things :)

Keep up the great work!

edited due to poor grammar ...
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It took me about 30lbs before I could really notice a difference in photos, except in my face and chin. Don't get down on yourself. the changes will come soon enough!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    do you realise your ticker is in kilograms not pounds ?
    just thought I'd let you know
  • Princess41463
    Princess41463 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I lost 10 lbs and thought I looked so much better in the mirror - the camera told a different story. Crapped me out for the rest of the day!

Have you looked at your face? The first place people started noticing a difference in me was my face. I think everyone is different. Stay the course and the results will start to show.
  • livinglife72
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "you are your own worst critic" you will probably be the last person to be able to see the change but you will be the first person to "feel" it, just know that you are doing great and the weight is coming off, be proud, don't think of how far you have to go,look at how far you have allready come, thats 9 pounds you never have to worry about ever again...

KEEP GOING ,YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I lost 10 lbs and thought I looked so much better in the mirror - the camera told a different story. Crapped me out for the rest of the day!

Have you looked at your face? The first place people started noticing a difference in me was my face. I think everyone is different. Stay the course and the results will start to show.

^^ This!
    There is a 10 pound difference somewhere in my progress pictures, but I look the same. It wasn't until I was at 15-20 pounds lost that I started seeing a difference. Keep at it! Also, strength training has done wonders for my body in the past few weeks (I just started this month). I put the scale away, but I'm losing inches.
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    do you realise your ticker is in kilograms not pounds ?
    just thought I'd let you know

yeah i know, im from europe so I use kg, i´ve lost 9 kg (20 lbs) total for the last 8 weeks. but only 9 past 4 weeks.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    oh okay..was thinking you'd be able to notice a 9kg loss
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can tell! either way, i would take pics w/ same lighting, same place, same distance etc to really compare. keep doing what you're doing :)