Turbo Jam!

Options
Anyone else a Turbo Jam junkie like me? I was just wondering if anyone else uses these workouts and if so, approximately how many calories do you think you burn doing Turbo Sculpt and Cardio Party? I'm worried I may be over shooting the calories burned...

Replies

• corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. I was looking for this website last week, but could not remember the name of the product. There are some days that my gym's class schedule is not convenient for me. That's where Turbo Jam is going to help. Thanks.
  • robynbirdy
    robynbirdy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I also use Turbo Jam when I work out. I usually just enter the cardio party as low impact aerobics. I think that actually underestimates calories burned slightly. As for cardio sculpt, I enter it as general aerobics since you are pretty much moving your whole body plus using weights. I assume it burns slightly more calories than the cardio party. I enter the Punch, Kick, Jam dvd as kickboxing because it is way more intense than the other two workouts. Hope this helps!
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My love for Turbo Jam has been an acquired one. It took a little to get used to them, but now I love to switch them up. I don't have a heart rate monitor or anything, but I log the Turbo Sculpt as strength training and all the Cardio Party's (1, 2, and 3) as general aerobics. The Fat Blaster is one of my favorites because it's only 30 minutes and really high intensity--I log it as high impact aerobics. I really like the Lower Body Jam too, and I log it as strength training since it's more lower body work and not really an aerobic style workout. Of course, as I'm sure someone else will mention, "a heart rate monitor is the most accurate." But for those of us who just can't fork out $50+ on something like that right now, an estimate is better than nothing!!
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam!!! I too am a TJ junkie. The live version class of this dvd series is called Turbo Kick. I teach two Turbo Kick classes a week and it is such a great workout! The calorie burn depends on the person. For one hour, you can expect to burn 600-700 calories on average. For Punch, Kick and Jam, I would burn ~500 calories (50 minutes) and Cardio Party was closer to 400 calories (40 minutes). Also, it depends on how hard you're pushing yourself. Any way you look at it, it's a fun way to torch those calories!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TJ!!! There is usually a thread around here somewhere about TJ. For me (and it's changed based on how fit I have been getting), I burn between 400-500 calories with the cardio parties.
  • sonshinersmama
    sonshinersmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Turbo Jam's also! Mostly done the Cardio Party and the 30 minute one mostly. Want to do the others but haven't quite got there yet. I totally love her style..and feel like you get a real workout! I always feel great after I do her workouts! I wasn't quite sure how to put them in either, but I was amazed at how many calories you burn while doing these workouts compared with other activities. It is so worth doing a TJ which is fun too instead of just walking..or what I like to do and that's workout and then go on a walk with the hubby!! Thanks for the input girls..I was wondering if I was the only one out there still doing turbo jam!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I love the Turbo Jam's also! Mostly done the Cardio Party and the 30 minute one mostly. Want to do the others but haven't quite got there yet. I totally love her style..and feel like you get a real workout! I always feel great after I do her workouts! I wasn't quite sure how to put them in either, but I was amazed at how many calories you burn while doing these workouts compared with other activities. It is so worth doing a TJ which is fun too instead of just walking..or what I like to do and that's workout and then go on a walk with the hubby!! Thanks for the input girls..I was wondering if I was the only one out there still doing turbo jam!!

I recommend if you're in the market for more, try all the Cardio Parties (love 3 the best here), and Punch/Kick/Jam. I did PKJ last night, and I love it! I think it might be my favorite.