Getting back on track

On Saturday I finally made out of my work out clothes and into an actual outfit and it was not what I expected. I worked hard all last week and my clothes still didn't fit or feel right. It caused me to lose all my motivation for the weekend. I still managed to stay within a good calorie range because of exercise but looking at my diary, I made some pretty offal choices. Pizza, Mc Dondalds, mimosas, high fat and calorie chip dips. I am feeling the remorse today but ready to get it back together. My mini goal was to lose 8 pounds by Christmas and I really hope this weekend did not compromise that. Anyone else struggle this weekend?

Replies

• mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Yep, Saturday was awful for me. I ate my entire's day calories (plus exercise calories) at one get together. I was only there for 5 hours. Not only did I eat all of my calories at that get together, I ate more than that. I was feeling it that night...my stomach was in pain. Didn't exercise yesterday (mistake) and felt so "fat" all day. I am dreading the scale this week. I'm hoping things are affected too badly by what I did on Saturday.

But at the same time, it's the holiday season. I'm going to enjoy myself to a certain extent. I plan to keep eating good and exercising for the most part, but allowing myself to enjoy when the occassion arises. I've got 3-4 more occassions through the end of the year that I know are coming where I will be eating badly. But for me, it's more stressful to not be able to indulge and miss out on the goodies than to go over my calories.

Good luck to you. You'll get back on track, as I will!
  • It was a tough weekend for me too with an all day holiday party/pubcrawl. It was fun, but who drinks for 12 hours straight? I logged my calories drinks and food, but it was tough to justify it even to be social with my friends. I don't have any other major holiday events in the next week, however, so hopefully my one crazy 12 hour spree will go unnoticed by my body. Our gym has been pretty empty this month, however, so I feel pretty kickass when I go in in spite of the holidays. :D

You'll be good, just keep at it. One day at a time. Every choice you make is independent of the others, don't worry about the weekend.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    thats an awful pattern. if I gave up everytime I didnt see massive results in a month Id still weigh almost 300 pounds.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    One week is not long enough to see the difference in how your clothes fit. It's easy to get motivated, the important (and harder) part is STAYING motivated.
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks everyone! I do have to cut myself a little slack because of the holidays. I do tend to be a little hard on myself. Everyone is right and I am very aware that you cant see results in 1 week but I thought just maybe. This is why I don't weigh myself weekly, I just get too discouraged. Thanks for the support and I did very well today. Life goes on!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I usually weigh myself once a season
This discussion has been closed.