Some needed advise please....

Options
I started MFP about a month and a half ago and have been so inspired by many people. I was exercising regularly and eating better than I ever have. Then I started school a couple of weeks ago and sadly found that my workout time has been taken over by homework/studing. I have about 3 hours in between work and school; which seems like plenty of time but once I get my daughter from daycare, feed her and get her ready for her nap and then do homework I find that Im not left with any extra time. I usually get home by 10pm from school; is it benefical to workout then, right before bed? Or should I try getting up early (445am) to workout?
Any advise would be great :happy:

Replies

• meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Try both and see which works best for you - you may adjust well to getting up earlier, or you may find that night is easier to stick to.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I would not workout right before bed. You're energy level will be up and you will have a hard time getting to sleep. I'd try to get to bed as soon as you get home; assume asleep by 1030p and then get up around 4:30a and get in a good workout 3x per week. Don't strain yourself - sleep is crucial to your health and fitness goals!! If you can find another 30-45 min in the day to go for a walk - take your daughter, maybe on the weekends - then that could help break up your routine and still get all your exercise in.

Remember to eat healthy and stay at/under your calorie and you should be fine!!
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try taking a half hour out of your day and doing walk or run. Anything helps.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I will definately try all the :happy: advise
  • emilynw10
    Options
    I know the feeling of having absolutely no time. I have 2 small children and we live in a 500 sq ft apartment, so I can't even take advantage of nap time. I try to do mine in the mornings because if I wait until my kids are in bed, I'm often too exhausted to do it. My kids are up at 6:00 and my husband doesn't go to work until 7:00, so there's my time!

If that doesn't work, I get everything set up so as soon as he walks in the door I can hand him the baby and push "play" on the dvd player.

If that doesn't work either, I wait until they're both in bed and go for a run. Or skip it and go to bed. It's about 50/50.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of having absolutely no time. I have 2 small children and we live in a 500 sq ft apartment, so I can't even take advantage of nap time. I try to do mine in the mornings because if I wait until my kids are in bed, I'm often too exhausted to do it. My kids are up at 6:00 and my husband doesn't go to work until 7:00, so there's my time!

If that doesn't work, I get everything set up so as soon as he walks in the door I can hand him the baby and push "play" on the dvd player.

If that doesn't work either, I wait until they're both in bed and go for a run. Or skip it and go to bed. It's about 50/50.

LOl. its good to have many options. Im thinking im gonna have to learn to multitask; study do homework while on the treadmill or bike and watching my little one. Im a single parent so its a little tricky lol. I appreciate the advise; I should have a few different go to plans:happy: