Low calorie meals

Options
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of some low calorie meals? Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. At the moment im just eating prepacked carbonara which is 300 calories for lunch and dinner but its not the lowest calories you can get and it gets repetitive. I was thinking maybe roasted carrots for a snack since that's my favorite, But i need idea's mainly for breakfast and dinner.

Thank :)

Replies

• Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do you cook? You also aren't getting enough vitamins that way.

If you like carrots, you might like this:

- 3 large carrots
    - A bit less than 1/2 cup of split red lentils
    - 4 cups of chicken or veggie broth
    - 1 Onion
    - Assorted herbs and spices (I used dashes of salt, pepper, coriander, sage, parsley, and a bay leaf)
    - A dab of olive oil

Dice the carrots and onion. In a pot, pour the olive oil. Saute the onion and carrots for a while. Pour in broth, herbs, and lentils. Bring to boil. Remove bay leaf, and blend with immersion blender. Enjoy. Tastes very delicious the next day as well.

If you want to stick with pasta, try replacing noodles with spaghetti squash. I used this recipe and it was tasty: http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/properly-prepared-spaghetti-squash-162765

Try to get more veggies in. Carrots, celery, snow peas, and cucumber dipped in hummus is a good one. I'm also a huge fan of giant piles of steamed broccoli topped with a bit of soyaki and general tso's sauce. Salad is super delicious. Last week I ate SO MUCH salad that consisted of mostly spinach, an egg white, a couple crumbled candied walnuts, a tablespoon or two of feta, a teaspoon or so of parm, a tablespoon or so of dried cranberries, small handful of sugar snap peas, and either balsamic vinaigrette dressing, or papaya poppyseed dressing. Super tasty.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    An 18 yr old male doesn't need to be eating less than 600 calories for lunch and dinner combined. You've only logged one day but under 1,000 calories isn't sufficient fuel for anyone.