Spaghetti Squash Help

Options
runforyourlyfe
runforyourlyfe Posts: 18 Member
I'm making it for the first time for me and my mom, and she is kind of a picky eater, what would you reccomend I top the squash with? What is your favorite spaghetti squash recipe?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You can toss it with a red sauce, a white sauce, some pesto, some olive oil & herbs. Anything really.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just read a recipe a few moments ago that I thought I wanted to try:

1 spaghetti squash
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
    3/4 cup shredded monteray jack cheese
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro
    1 t ground cumin
    1/4 t garlic salt
    1/4 t black pepper

Wash sqauash - cut in half and remove seeds. Back at 350 on baking sheet for about 45 minutes. When cooked shred the squash and place in bowl. Add tomaotes, beans spices and half the cheese - mix well. Sprey non stick spray on a baking dish and add ingredients. Top with remaining cheese and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    may sound silly and non-imaginative, but we treat it just like spaghetti. scoop it out, put it on a plate and put homemade spaghetti sauce on it.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I honestly just top it with spaghetti sauce and home made meat balls! Its surprisingly very good! I dont know about you but i like it spicy so i add red pepper flakes. And before i stumbled upon that, i would have it plain with assorted spices. Like italian spices or slouvaki spices.

I wonder if it could be substituted for stir fries, home made pad thai etc. hmmmm.
  • MariarR33
    Options
    Cut squash in 1/2 and bake at 350 until cooked and shreds apart, usually 30-40 minutes.

In a pan, saute an onion. Add a few cloves of garlic, a package of mushroom (I've used white or baby bellas), a carton of grape or cherry tomatoes. Saute this with the onion mixture. Add 4 - 8 oz of feta cheese and some parm if you like. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, and oregano.

This is addicting and lasts a couple days in our house. Makes a lot. SO GOOD!

Google Spaghetti squash recipes adn you will find a ton. IT's a great veggie!
  • devynmariee
    Options
    Salsa Its litteraly an orgasm in your mouth! :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Brown butter and grated parmesan on SS is MAGIC.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cut squash in 1/2 and bake at 350 until cooked and shreds apart, usually 30-40 minutes.

In a pan, saute an onion. Add a few cloves of garlic, a package of mushroom (I've used white or baby bellas), a carton of grape or cherry tomatoes. Saute this with the onion mixture. Add 4 - 8 oz of feta cheese and some parm if you like. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, and oregano.

This is addicting and lasts a couple days in our house. Makes a lot. SO GOOD!

Google Spaghetti squash recipes adn you will find a ton. IT's a great veggie!

bump sounds yummy
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm making a saute tonight with olive oil, onion, garlic, and a few other spices. I hope it's yummy!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    may sound silly and non-imaginative, but we treat it just like spaghetti. scoop it out, put it on a plate and put homemade spaghetti sauce on it.

This is what I do with a homemade meat sauce. I divided the sauce into smaller portions and froze it and just take out one portion when I want some spaghetti squash and sauce. YUM.
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    I prefer it with spaghetti sauce on top... i've made a garlic shrimp sauté and also a tomato, basil, olives & feta cheese kind of thing too
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    bump
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You can use it anyway you would typically use spaghetti/pasta. Hence the name.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Minced garlic to taste and a 1/2 tsp of butter (per whole squash)

sometimes grated parmesean if desired
  • runforyourlyfe
    runforyourlyfe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I think I'll treat it like we usually do when we eat spaghetti as my mom is picky and very timid about trying it. Thanks for all the help!