Thinking of getting a Polar FT 7 who has one?

Options
I was thinking of getting the Polar FT 7 for Christmas. Does anyone have one? How does the strap fit?

Replies

• spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Both my wife and I have one, and they work fine. My wife used to use mine before she got her female sized one. The watch band is smaller for the female one, and the strap may be a bit smaller but they are pretty much the same. My wife fit in my strap pretty much pulled all the way tight (she is size 2), so there is a lot a flexibility in the sizing. I hardly notice the strap used in running, squash and weight lifting.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    Just strap on and ride..
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I love my FT7! It is an adjustable strap and is also available in large sizes. I got a great deal through amazon!!
  • BeyondTrouble
    BeyondTrouble Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and really like mine. It pushes me harder and I like seeing my stats and how my numbers change.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. The strap is fully adjustable, so you can get it comfortable. I find it easy to use. And I like the amount of data I get from it.
  • Vette71s
    Options
    I have one and love it. Prior to getting this back in October, I was using the New Balance n4 with strap, but this one works way better and the watch itself is more stylish.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I got one.
    Free!
    It has worked fine for me.
    Easy to operate.
    No signal or recording issues.

Only slight problem I had was doing push ups and burpees.
    With the watch strap to the top of the wrist some buttons could be pushed. I didn't care for that.
    Loosened the watch and flipped it around to the inside of the wrist for those exercises.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting the Polar FT 7 for Christmas. Does anyone have one? How does the strap fit?

If you are 250 pounds or heavier the calorie estimated burn DOES NOT WORK.

See this blog post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/812975-warning-polar-heart-rate-monitors-defective?page=8
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The FT 4 and 7 are probably the most popular HRM from Polar. Very many people have them.
    I use mine 4 times a week or so - more for HR data than calorie burn.

The strap fits fine and is adjustable.

Edit: btw - the calorie calcs are only useful for steady state cardio. Just so you know.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a FT7 and LOVE IT! I use it to clock my cardio calories in MFP. You can look at your average data for a single workout, or look at a week's worth of data. It's simple, not too many bells and whistles, which I like. You get average heart rate and splits for time in the fat burning / fitness zones. When I enter into MFP what I usually do is pick the activity (eg cycling, moderate speed) and then just adjust the time to fit my number of calories burned.

I find I have to wear mine quite firm, but it is still comfortable.
  • fitzonegirl
    fitzonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have one and really like it...but I have been having trouble with the max heart rate being quite high sometimes...253 ...do I need a new battery or chest strap? I bought it last may and followed the directions on cleaning chest strap...any suggestions? I also looked at the instruction booklet and troublshooting and think it would be too soon to have problems with it otherwise I really like it!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have one and really like it...but I have been having trouble with the max heart rate being quite high sometimes...253 ...do I need a new battery or chest strap? I bought it last may and followed the directions on cleaning chest strap...any suggestions? I also looked at the instruction booklet and troublshooting and think it would be too soon to have problems with it otherwise I really like it!!

If your max HR was actually 253 you'd be dead so I'm assuming there's some kind of malfunction.