too much protein n my diet?

Options
so what happens if your always over in your protein? what does too much protein do?

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Let me know how you do it!! I can never get enough protein in:blushing: I'd say that's probably the best category to be over. I'd be more concerned if it was fat, sugar, or sodium. You should be fine!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You could have kidney failure if you eat too much protein - but that's if you eat too much protein for a loooong time, years. You should be okay. How much are you going over?
  • jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    I actually did a search about that today and the main thing was it said liver/kidney problems but as someone else said it's for a long time. For what we are doing (resistance training, etc) we NEED the protein. I also agree that is the best areas to be over and I also seem to be over in that area. Low on the fat (still getting in the good kinds) and high on the protein. Carbs go both ways....SO in other words I think we will be just fine. At least we are doing it to make positive to our health.
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It can be tough to get the balance right - you need protein to feed muscle but if you take more protein than you need it will get stored (as fat!)