Brand shiny new MFP'er - anyone run?

Options
merly
merly Posts: 5 Member
Hi all! I've just joined MFP - well, last week actually, but I've been stalking all the forums for a while before posting! Anyway, I'm 28, 5'6 and about 165lb - hoping to lose 26lb before Sept (I've never been below 10 stone before, and my goal will take me to 9'13 - perfect!)

Anyway, I'm doing ok with the whole calorie counting thing, but I'm also doing the Great North Run for the second time in Sept and would like to improve my fitness at the same time as losing weight - would anyone like to be my training buddy? I'm not talking anything hardcore here, just a couple of short runs (2-3k) a week and a longer one on weekends once fitness allows...I know I can do it because I've done it before, but I'm not a natural runner and misery loves company! (Hmm, maybe that's not quite the positive spin I intended...) It would definitely help having some support/encouragement/healthy competition!

Anyone fancy it? xxx

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

There are a lot of runners on here, including myself. Check out this forum:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/87407-mfp-runner-s-club?page=15#posts-1234993

You really can do this. Let me know if I can be of help.
  • sillyguy
    sillyguy Posts: 7
    Options
    hello..i run!!! right now im reaining for a marathon on April 24th..but id encourage you and anyone else to go out and do it! Running isnt easy at first, but over time it does it easier..if i can help along the way, let me know. ill be around to push ya when you need it :)
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    I don't run as much as I used to since my knee surgery. Mostly into bicycling now but like to do 5Ks every now and then as the "pass/fail" aspect of timed running is better for my ego. I hope you find your training partner.