Biggest waste of money?

Options
Bunnehface
Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
I saw a funny advert for the most ridiculous weight loss tool I have ever seen! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

I was wondering what is the worst thing you have ever spent money on or seen to lose weight?

For me, I am a sucker for diet pills. Even though I know they don't work, and are a complete waste of money, I was always the first person to fall for the before/after pics - usually of different people! - and order a month supply. :grumble:

Anyone else seen any weight loss "aids" that are a complete waste?

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Diet pills work.

Ephedrine and Caffeine (and Clen) make me jitter, sweat, and shake worse than a crackwhore.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Diet pills work.

Ephedrine and Caffeine (and Clen) make me jitter, sweat, and shake worse than a crackwhore.

Have you ever shaken a crackwhore? If so add me, we can swap stories.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Biggest waste of money for me was a personal trainer.
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    Oh I've tried those and did lose some, but I'm talking about the internet ads for super-strength-herbal-I-lost-twenty-pounds-in-twenty-minutes crap! I'm a total sucker for them, lol. I dread to think how much I've spent over the years...
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    I had a personal trainer tell me once that I should leave the weights for the big boys and stick to cardio, little lady. He was half my height lol.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That laser fat melting thing. Spent a lot of money on it, got nothing out of it. Wish now I had saved that money for the tummy tuck I've wanted for years now. Just about anything advertised to help you lose weight always has in the fine print that you need to follow a "sensible diet" and increase activity, meaning that is really the efficacious thing, not the product itself.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    All diet pills and diet plans out there are a waste IMO. You can do it yourself for WAY cheaper.
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    Just about anything advertised to help you lose weight always has in the fine print that you need to follow a "sensible diet" and increase activity, meaning that is really the efficacious thing, not the product itself.

Totally true. I think I'm lazy underneath it all, if a pill could do all the work for me, I'd sign up for it straight away. I've lost 56 so far on my own the sensible way, but it doesn't stop me hankering after that quick fix sometimes when I don't wanna exercise lol.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    This one is my favorite. Practically obscene and hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkQCZfhm4g
  • Bunnehface
    Options

I'd pay good money to have that guy visit my gym and do that! Haha! :laugh:
  • Bunnehface
    Options
    This one is my favorite. Practically obscene and hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkQCZfhm4g

Oh my word, that is AMAZING. Sharing it on Facebook right now!!! :noway:
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've never done the diet pills - afraid what they put into them.

My personal trainer helped tremdously until I moved to another city.

My biggest down the toilet expense was on a pilates dvd that I used maybe 2-3 times after I saw it on an infomercial.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Weight loss/Fat Loss Body Wraps *scam*

Those shake weights do work....as long as you do it in the privacy of your own home....
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    'Herbal' diet pills :grumble:, and a personal training program. Where I went through 3 personal trainers because they were all 'kids', they'd quit working at the gym and not follow up about leaving or setting me up with another trainer to continue the 'program' I paid for.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Those shake weights do work....as long as you do it in the privacy of your own home....

those things look hillarious...do they seriously work? lol
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Raspberry ketones!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Tequila worm diet.