Insanity workouts?

just wondering if anyone has tried these and what they thought? what kind of results did you get and how fast?

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I JUST started Insanity this week! Did the first workout today. Not gonna lie to ya. It's HARD. I consider myself to be physically fit: I go to the gym every day and lift weights, I do 30 minutes of hard cardio, I run, and I'm in shape however this kicked. my. *kitten*. BIG time. I was sufficiently tired and sweaty when I was done with the workout. I had to stop and take a few "breaks" during it. My HR was up there (I'm hoping to get a HR monitor for Christmas so I can see just how "up there" it is) and I was pretty out of breath.
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    They are tough, but I liked them. I never changed my diet. I didn't see great results, but my cardio levels went way up. I stopped due to some hip & knee issues from the impact. I still do some of the exercises in my current workouts. Do it...it'll work if your diet is right.
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Yeah I would like to know if its worth it too :) I just bought Zumba at costco last week, still in the box lol
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    If you love to sweat and work hard this is for you! It is insane, but I love it. I had to modify some of the "power" moves because it was too harsh on my knees. I started the Insanity before I started MFP so I didn't see results until I started watching more closely what I was eating. I now no longer have to shift my belly fat to do the hip flexor stretch and I can see definition in my abs!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    I have 4 days left of insanity. It's hard but it gets easier as you progress. Definitely worth it. I didn't have to modify (except for some of the pushups in month two) just keep it slow and controlled and make sure you NEVER compromise form!

I wasn't in great shape AT ALL before I started. And it's been going just fine. I can definitely tell that It's taking an interesting toll on my body towards the end... but I haven't had to quit yet.

I definitely recommend it!! I'm down 16(ish) pounds and 11+ inches. and I can actually feel triceps and obliques!! My legs are also starting to become rock solid. I may post progress pics when I am finished....if I am brave enough.

GOOD LUCK!
  • thanks so much for the input ......It is great to be able to get others opinion. I am super excited to do it, I am sorta going cheat I am just doing the fit test this week due to the fact that I am about to leave for a 4 day fast wedding trip and dont want to really start and get part way in and then leave. but the day after I get back I am going to attack it! I hope you all have a happy holiday. if any of you have any other suggestions please let me know. I have a huge goal ahead of me and I could use some motivation. lol
  • that is great!! good job I will hope to be able to report progress like that when I am almost done.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    If you do a search you will find loads of posts and groups for insanity here.