Half a stone to lose help

Options
Hi
I need to lose just half a stone but am struggling please help want to do this in 3-4 weeks

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    There are no details on your profile, and your diary is not visible, so we have not much to go except your wish to lose 7 lbs in a month

It is do able, but what do you weigh now? How tall are you for instance?
  • natashamacy
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 8 stone 4 need too get back to 7.12
    Thanks
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Alas, there are no magic wands, and the closer you are to your healthy weight (and it sounds from your height and present weight that you are in the healthy range of BMI) the more difficult it gets to lose those ounces and pounds.

But the key is exercise and eat healthily - there are lots of groups on this site, and threads which have advice - but the only thing I would suggest is that you do not go for a crash diet, starving yourself, as that only goes back on quickly when you start eating normally again. You need to look at your eating behaviours, and try to moderate your intake to sensible levels, watching portion sizes and the sort of foods you are eating, where you are eating, what triggers you to not eat sensibly - and look on this as a learning exercise to permanently change to a more sensible eating pattern.

You also need to look at your activity levels, and again aim to exercise regularly, again, not overdoing it, but just making it part of your more healthy lifestyle. MFP advice on drinking plenty of water is useful, too, avoiding sugary drinks and also lessening alcohol (as that additionally affects your self-control to eat sensibly!).

And as farway says, open your diary and let us help you by advising you on how you are eating and exercising!

Good luck!!