Have Lost 20 Percent of My Goal

Options
ldarter
ldarter Posts: 131 Member
While my story isn't as dramatic as many I have read in this thread perhaps it might serve as motivation for others like me who are new to MFP. I started here two weeks ago and as of today have lost 6 Lbs. thus far. That may be a small success but one that really makes me happy and keeps me motivated to continue working towards my goal of losing 30 pounds. For me, 6 Lbs. represents 20 percent of my overall goal and almost 3 perecent of the body weight I had when I started two weeks ago. According to the CDC a weight loss of 10% is when health benefits like lower blood pressure and lower cholestrol really start to show and I am making good progress towards that figure.

Someone told me that you tend to lose weight faster at the beginning when starting a diet and exercise regimen so I am prepared for the fact that I might not be able to maintain the 3 Lbs. per week average I have had the first two weeks but I am increasingly confident that I will easily meet the goal of attaining a more healthy weight this year.

Replies

• JoysNewLeaf
    JoysNewLeaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! The plateaus come, but just keep working and mixing it up. Even in those weeks when you don't lose weight, you'll still feel great.

Keep it up! It's nice to see the success ... and just wait until you hit the 10 pound mark. There's just something about that nice round number.
  • manders2
    manders2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Congrats!!! It really is a big accomplishment!
  • Missnoel
    Missnoel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    So have I! virtual High Fives!!!
  • marinucciphoto
    marinucciphoto Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!