if I am doing it , YOU can too!!!

Options
Hello : ]
My name is Brittany and I am 23 years old.
I have been over weight my whole life and I do not ever remember being a "NORMAL" size
In July of 2012, i had lost my mother in her sleep. She was 45 and had several health problems.
In the 2 months after her death, i had gained 20 lbs, hitting heaviest my heaviest weight - 307.4lbs
Before, i knew my actually starting weight - i didn't stand on a scale and decide to lose weight, I became really depressed, at the time I think i was even suicidal, not that i would physically commit it but i had thoughts of not being alive, like I wished death upon me. My life was sad, i worked 60 + hours, was eating every 20 -30 mins, my sister had moved away and my mom had died and my dad was not speaking to me at the time. All i had was a supporting boyfriend and that was it - which i am extremely grateful for.

Anyways, on Sept 30 I came home to an empty home and i remember falling to my knees crying out and begging god for mercy, I needed something to live for, I NEED LIFE. that day I decided to fight for my health, i was tired of being over weight and depressed. I began journal-ing all my thoughts , my hopes my dreams my goals, through journal-ing i fall in love with myself. through working out I found the courage and the strength to say i can, through eating clean, I fall in love with nutrition and the meaning of the word food. its almost 90 days of new life style - thats 3 months, i am not going to say its been easy and every meal has been the best choice and every work out has been happy go lucky but i am proud to say i am down 35lbs. IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO!

I hope, a piece of my story encourages you to stay strong and fight for your health
if you need any support, feel free to add me, and we can support each other along the way!

LIFE IS MY PASSION
FITNESS IS MY QUEEN
NUTRITION IS MY KING
MY BODY IS MY KINGDOM.

PS. sorry if i misspelled anything or had poor grammar., i have a serious embarrassing issued with that : ] hahha

Replies

• scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - you will be an inspiration to everyone. I am so sorry for you losing your Mum like that. Congratulations on your newfound strength and determination. You WILL make it. Well done.x
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    thank you !
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - I think we can all use this type of encouragement. =) Take care.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    This is a true testimony of courage over triumph. You have decided to take your life back by any means necessary and i love it.
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    You are amazing, beautiful, inspiring, and I'm so happy to have you as a pal =)
    Always here for you if you need anything and I am so glad I witnessed this testimony of yours ^_^ Beautiful!
  • livinglife72
    Options
    WOW!!! you are truly an inspiration!!! you are the kind of role model that kids these days need,someone real,someone whos come thru the hard times and found her strength to go on.Thank you for posting your story it has come at a time in my life when I needed it most.
  • Very inspiring !and you are right.......YES WE CAN !!!! Thanks girl !!!!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your kind words and support:)
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done on your journey so far:happy: Keep up the great work!!
  • one15ts
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to type out that post! It made my heart ache but in a good way. :flowerforyou:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You are the same age as my daughter and have been through so much! (((hugs)))
    Very inspiring!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are a stronger person than I think you even realize. You've got soul and heart. With those two thing you can do anything you put your mind to. Best of wishes.

Hannah
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    You are your own inspiration and the inspiration of everyone reading this thread. You CAN do it!!! WE can do it!! :)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have been there also and I truly get it. I want to offer all the encouragement you need as I know what a war you are waging. Let those little victories help you along the way. There will be ups and downs, but keep going to see it thru.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    awwww... i needed that! Youre amazing! thank you for sharing <3