New, depressed and looking to gain weight

Hi everyone!

I'm 27 and am suffering from depression. I also have a load of other physical problems (fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, prolapsed disc, etc.). All this shizzle (plus strong painkillers/other meds) makes it hard to prepare/cook food for myself, or even want to when I never have an appetite. So I've recently lost some weight, just about in the "underweight" bmi. I really should get back in the habit of eating more than once a day, but it can be really difficult some days.

Anyhoo...

I realise this site is primarily for weight loss, but I'm wondering if there are any other members having similar probs as me+trying to gain weight too?

I'd love to hear from all! Pleased to meet you ^_^

Replies

• ronkelley2
    ronkelley2 Posts: 66 Member
    i have bipolar depression........... i'm trying losing the 100 lb from litium...... i do understand part of your problems... have friends with some of the others.... but what can say this is a place for all weight problems... the support can come many different places... good luck!!!!!!!! add if you would like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • boopetta
    boopetta Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks! I'm a bit scared that people won't want to talk to me, or think that I don't need help and motivation because I want to put on weight instead of loose it... probably some of the depression talking there! Hope your weight loss is coming on nicely, this place does seem to be filled with really nice people!
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Hey, i'm 25 and ive dealt with depression over the years and it lead me the opposite way with weight gain. Nice to meet you and hope you get back on track. :)
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi!! Whether we're here trying to lose weight or gain weight, everyone on this site is trying to get to the same goal - to be fit, healthy and happy! Good luck on your journey. I know that you'll find some great people on this site that will help you along!
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Hi!! Whether we're here trying to lose weight or gain weight, everyone on this site is trying to get to the same goal - to be fit, healthy and happy! Good luck on your journey. I know that you'll find some great people on this site that will help you along!

Very nicely said! I second this.

Welcome to MFP :) We are certainly happy to have you as part of the community!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    im here to support people with all healthy goals!
    feel free to add and good luck!
  • notyourkimmy
    notyourkimmy Posts: 92 Member
    I have depression. I am at a healthy weight, but am eating more to gain muscle. Ever since I started exercising I've had more energy, but I still have moments where I don't have any. When I feel like that, I try to make things that don't take to long, like peanut butter sandwiches, scrambled eggs, instant oatmeal, etc.
  • boopetta
    boopetta Posts: 8 Member
    Thank everyone! I do feel welcome ^_^