Looking for supportive people

Options
Hey i'm Chris, and i am looking for some like minded friends that i can help and that can help me in return. I was really overweight for a long time, but have been working at weight loss and life style changes for a little over a year now. I am a lot healthier now and have loss almost 80 lbs. I am working on my last few pounds now but it has been a struggle lately and being new to this site i would like to find people that understand and can help me with issues like poor self image. If you would like to add me please do. I am more than happy to trade stories and lessons that i have learned with anyone needing help as well.

Replies

• klsnyder73
    Options
    Hi Chris! I'm Krista. Congrats on the 80 pounds lost! Fantastic! I'm just getting serious about all this. Well, I've tried many times but its been years since I put any real effort into losing weight. I've been heavy what feels like my entire life and I can totally relate to body image issues. I'd love to hear about what's led to your success and be of any help that I can.
  • Happy2help
    Options
    Thanks for replying Krista. I'm glad that i know people can relate. It's also great to know there are a lot of people that are serious about getting healthy and trying to better ones self for that i applaud you. If you ever need words of wisdom or whatever help i can provide i am always happy to help. I have been working at this for sometime now. For me i really never wanted to change until i realized that no matter the struggle it would be worth it in the end. I think the hardest part to get over is not the motivation to work out, because that came with time, but the mind set. It is hard to get out of bad habits and negative thoughts. To a certain degree though the poor self image helped me to push myself (I hate to say that but its kinda true). Unfortunately some of the negative thoughts have stuck with me over the years, like the poor self image, and also caring a lot about what everyone thinks about me (or at least my perception that people were judging me). I just like talking with others to find out how they are dealing with issues like that, so that i can learn and that i can teach other and hopefully help people to avoid thoughts and issue that i have encountered in my journey.
  • trae8723
    trae8723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there Krista and Chris! My name is Tracie. I too am on a weight loss journey. I had been more successful with sticking to a strict regimen in the past, but have since put on 80 additional pounds that I desperately need to get off. I know the severity of this need to loss the weight, but can't seem to stick with anything. For me, work and family usually 'get in the way.' I think that with additional support here, we could all be reminded to take care of ourselves first by living a healthier lifestyle. May I add you both as friends on my list?