Please look at my diary

Options
Hi guys!

I've been eating healthy for the last few days now that I'm home from college for the winter break and I've felt so full lately that it's been difficult to eat 1500 calories. I was able to eat all my calories last night but not the previous day and I started wondering whether or not MFP was calculating the right amount of calories for my food. I weigh everything with my digital scale and use grams for calories for my vegetables. Some times I think the veggie calories are too low but what do you guys think?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well, some foods have more calories in them than others. It's crazy and don't tell anyone (sshhh), but if I need more calories to reach my goal, I eat the foods that have a higher calorie count!
  • thegummyking
    Options
    No kidding! Really?! I would've never been able to figure that out! My gosh what a revelation! No but seriously my question really was whether or not MFP is accurate about the calories of the veggies in my dairy since I am using grams and not cups.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Calories ARE by weight, they are not per cup because cup is a measure of volume and you can pack things more or less densely - you won't get the same amount of whole, grated or chopped carrot filling one cup - you are far more likely to be accurate using grams than cups. Many non starchy veggies are very low on calories: they are largely water, fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, none of which have any calories to speak of. Calorific nutrients are the macros: protein, fibre, carbs (including sugar) and alcohol. But check the MFP entries on things you use regularly against the package or other websites, there are mistakes in there.
  • thegummyking
    Options
    Ok thanks!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    The calorie counts are really spot on because all the OCD people verify them :) You can always double check anything you aren't sure about.
  • thegummyking
    Options
    I think I'm one of those people. Thanks for letting me know!