9 lbs down, a lot more to go!

Options
Just wanted to say hey to everyone and introduce myself! My name is Tyler(as my username suggests). I am a 24 year old nurse that needs to lose weight. Funny enough my inspiration for getting motivated to lose weight is my wife telling me that if I lose 50lbs we can purchase me a new laptop for my graphic designing hobby, since my previous laptop and iPad got stolen about a week ago. SO that kind of kick started me on this journey that I already needed to begin.

A little history, I'm not a stranger to weight loss. In Janurary of 2010 I weighed in around the same, about 290ish. I got on phentermine, which I rarely took, only had a 30 day supply and it lasted me 2.5 months. Between Jan-May I dropped to 245. Which was awesome, but I started nursing school and was able to keep most of the weight off till the last 6 months. THEN i went on this uphill race and swelled to 324 by June of 2011.

At the start of this year I started Insanity, weighing about 310ish lbs. In 2 months I lost 42 lbs on insanity and kept losing to about 265 till june of this year. In the middle of this all I met my wife and we got engaged in April of this year and we got married in October. I moved in July to be closer to her before the wedding and fell off my diet again, between then and now I've gained roughly 30lbs. 09 of which I am down again.

I've found it most hard to find the determination to stay on this path and keep my focus. Mostly because, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to reach my goal of 220lbs. I'd love to be lean and cut, but I just lack of motivation, because I've never known myself to be those things since I was 13.

But here I am again, maybe this time it'll be different.

I mean... I would like a Macbook Pro! =)

Replies

• stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is off-subject but I'm jealous of your career. I want to be a nurse but there's so much work to get there :S Trying to decide what level of nursing i should go for~
  • tylercwells
    Options
    This is off-subject but I'm jealous of your career. I want to be a nurse but there's so much work to get there :S Trying to decide what level of nursing i should go for~

Well I am currently a LPN, going back for my RN. Most people would encourage you to just go for your RN, but for me getting my LPN first was the better option. Because instead of being in a full time program for two years its only one year, and you're able to get out and work as a nurse and get some experience. If you're lucky you can get into a hospital like I did that still uses LPN's in a Nursing capacity and not in a "Patient Care Tech" (or CNA) capacity. I've had some GREAT experience that when I start the 1 year bridge program will make RN school a lot easier for me.

I would definitely encourage you to go into nursing. It's a great field!