JMBR - 5 weeks complete and have gained 4 lbs!

Options
Would REALLY like to hear if any one else has had this experience! Have been eating within my calories (a generous 1700 plus cals burned as I'm in maintenance - or was! :laugh: ) I find my clothes are fitting the same but I definitely feel 'bulkier'. However, I know there's no way I've gained 4 lbs of muscle in only 5 weeks. Just hoping this trend won't continue! Any JMBR MFPers have a similar experience?!!!! Appreciate any insight you may have! Merry Christmas!

Replies

• LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump!!! No one? Uh oh! It must just be me! :smile:
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have completed this workout and though I didn't lose any weight (I started when I had already reached my goal weight), I noticed a major improvement in my tone - especially in my shoulders. I really wouldn't panic. I have done most of her workouts at least once right though and I remember doing 30DS & Ri30 and finding a small hike in the middle, which would then drop off just a few weeks later.

I personally didn't feel that her Body Revolution gives me as good results as 30DS (this workout just works for my body), but I did thoroughly enjoy it.

Don't get down just yet. Give it a couple more weeks and then see where it leads :smile:
  • victoriawil
    victoriawil Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What's JMBR?
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution I'm guessing?

I did 14 days of 30 Day Shred before I hurt my back (unrelated I'm sure) and I gained 4lbs also, but it might just be water or something. I did notice difference in inches, especially across my waist but I didn't measure myself. I was still 200+lbs so it's not much of a difference to outsiders but I noticed!

It could be your body getting used to it and it'll settle down soon. Good luck. x
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle weight. Most of it is probably water weight and you're also probably over estimating your calories burned with exercise and eating too much back
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been doing JM workouts consistently since Feb (30DS, RI30, KB&T, 6w6p, NMTZ/BFBM,) and this is the first time I've gained during any of them but also the first program I started at goal weight. I've always used the same polar HRM so I'm guessing calories burned have been pretty accurate through the entire year. Maybe time to lower to 1600.....1700 might be too much - :sad: BUT - am definitely going to finish this program regardless of what the scale says!
    Options
    Update! Poof - gone! Must've been water weight! I'll keep that in mind should it happen again over the course of the program! Nice to see it gone! :happy:
  • envythisstarbox
    envythisstarbox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :happy: :drinker: