Pear shaped girls!

Options
I'm not sure how to word this post, lol. I'm scared about losing weight, I'm scared my hips are gonna look worse then they do now, and my breasts are gonna turn into pancakes..I'm only 20 and I'm recently married, I don't want to look horrible yet.. If I carry all my weight in my hips/butt area, will I lose it there first? My hips are huge, 60inches.. thanks to being very pear shaped/overweight and then having a child. sigh -_- My waist is 43inches and I'm a 44C. Also I'm 5'8" if you're close to any of these measurements please post your before and after pictures! Or just tell me your experience.. :) thank you ladies!

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    I was pear shape. I also had the same fear,as everyone says you loose inches off your boobs first. When I looked at photos I couldn't believe how big round the hips I looked. Anyway, long story short I had to loose the weight. I lost 5inches off my hips and only 1inch off my boobs. Although I am only half way through my weight loss I am now in proportion and look 100% better than I did.

I do not know if you will loose the weight in the same way but it really doesn't matter. The weight has to be lost and a start has to be made. I can only tell you that I went out for Christmas dinner yesterday with friends and for once I didn't feel like the big fat friend. I blended in with them and felt really good.

Believe me the effort is well worth it. You can do this and as you loose the weight you will be proud of yourself and will feel and look better than you do now. Go for it your body will thank you.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely,

I've always been pear shaped, I carry my weight on my hips/thighs and that hasn't changed after losing weight. I've lost approx 50lbs and gone from a UK size 16/18 to an 8/10 and I still wish my thighs were smaller, however my chest, ribs and spine are quite boney now. My hips are about 36" and my waist is about 26" (haven't measured in a while so might have lost a bit) and I know I'm always going to be this shape, just gotta do some squats to even things out! Can't post pictures at work but if you look on my profile I've got a before and an after pic on there, I'm 5'3" and a 34B if it helps (used to be a 36D, oops).

Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose fat from so need to accept your body shape and make the best of it that you can rather than shooting for something that's going to be unattainable for you because of your body shape. I'll never have small hips and big boobs, but I'm okay with that. You won't look or feel worse if you're within your healthy weight range.

Good luck xxx
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    A 5ft8 pear here! When I started losing, I lost inches off my waist first. My measurements atm are a 28 inch waist, 40.5 inch hips and 23 inch thighs. I've lost barely anything off the hips and thighs. My butt used to be wide and flat. It's still wide, but it's starting to lift and round itself. lol. Also noticed that the cellulite that plagued my butt is starting to fade. I chalk that up to it firming along with me scrubbing it firmly clockwise and counter-clockwise in the shower with my loofah.
  • TrishaAnn13
    TrishaAnn13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm very similar on the bottom. I am 36 pounds down and I started at Hips: 59 inches now 55 Waist: 47 inches now 40 Bust 42A and now 40A.

So I'm not really losing in my hips as much as my waist, my boobs were tiny to begin with but they are actually more prominent but they are still tiny. I'm also 20 so I hope that helps. I haven't done pictures yet but if I do them any time soon I'll come back to this post. But please feel free to ad me I'd love to join you on your journey!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You probably will still carry fat on your hips and thighs even as you lose, but that doesn't mean you'll look horrible. "Pear" shaped is a very very common shape. It's not bad.

But really, what's the alternative? Staying heavy? Being unhealthy?
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I am definitely also a little more "pearish" and 5'8. I've lost 70 lbs and will lose 75 more this year. Much of my weight loss was actually in my waist, stomach and hips and I am gaining more of an hourglass shape than I ever thought I would.

You can't control where the weight comes off. You might lose the girls, you might not. I started at a 42 DD or F/G - depending on different sizing, and am now a 38 DD or F. In clothing sizes I went from a US 24 to a 16/18. My goal is a 10/12. Everyone is different.
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm going to lose the weight regardless. I just get worried that the girls might go too. A girl can just hope and pray they don't. lol I remember getting losing from 270 to 180 when I was 16 and I was a 36C at 180 I believe, so we'll just have to see. But I did it the unhealthy way, and ballooned back up big time.. Now I'm going about this the healthy way. :)
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm going to lose the weight regardless. I just get worried that the girls might go too. A girl can just hope and pray they don't. lol I remember getting losing from 270 to 180 when I was 16 and I was a 36C at 180 I believe, so we'll just have to see. But I did it the unhealthy way, and ballooned back up big time.. Now I'm going about this the healthy way. :)

I totally understand that worry, but here's a thought that might make you feel better -- even if they do go, in proportion to the rest of your body they'll likely seem as big. If your waist and hips are smaller, the girls don't need to be as big to "stand out." :o)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

As far as I know, my gals haven't shrank much. They didn't grow either, even when I was at my heaviest. I got the raw end of the genetic deal in my family. My sister was blessed with the big bewbs! lol.
  • animejennie
    animejennie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You will probably still be a little bigger on your hips, just a smaller version. I was at 198 when I delivered my daughter and after the baby weight fell off I was left at 174. After several months of really work I'm finally at my goal of 136lbs (I'm 5'8"). I didn't really start to lose my hips and butt (or rather, even out my ratios) till I was down to about 145 with lots of strength - the toning really makes the difference. I was 141 before I got pregnant, but I was "skinny-fat" and you can tell an obvious difference now (like a 2 jean size difference). My girls are in rough shape, but it's due to breastfeeding/engorgement issues, not just weight loss.

Strength and toning I think are going to be your best bet in addition to just dropping pounds! I'm not very clever at adding photos, but I'll try and put my prebaby/postbaby photo up so you can see the difference in that adding toning in can make (it's not a great photo, but I'll try!)

Current: 136lbs, 34-27-38
    Prepreggo - 140, 34-29-41

weightspectrum2_zpsf7abc7e7.jpg
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. Since I carry my weight in my hips and butt, that's where it comes off last. I've been losing from my waist and thighs, mostly.

32360101_3875.jpg

As you can see, even though I weigh less, my shape hasn't changed. I have pics in my profile showing my frame at 160, and I look exactly the same, just smaller (and younger). :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!