Bowflex Heart Rate Monitor Watch for $10 + $5 shipping.

Options
I've seen a few people looking for heart rate monitors and got this deal from Groupon today.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-bowflex-ez-pro-heart-rate-monitor-watch?c=all&p=4

Reviews overall look decent on it, but for the price it seems to be a good deal.

Replies

• 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow....I just viewed your link. That is a great deal....I may just have to jump on this one. Interested in hearing if anyone has tried it. On this site, somebody out there has to have one of these.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just got this in my e-mail, as well. Glad I searched before posting my own topic. :P

For $15, I may just have to buy it even though I already have a heart rate monitor...perhaps this one is better than my current.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    i bought this model from a different site last month... read the reviews and save your money!! it really is an unreliable item...
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    After reading the description, I'm not interested in it simply because it doesn't include calories burned.
  • itsme_timd
    itsme_timd Posts: 59
    Options
    i bought this model from a different site last month... read the reviews and save your money!! it really is an unreliable item...

Looking at reviews on Amazon it's rated 4-stars, most people like it with a couple that said they had issues. What problems did you have with it?
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That doesn't include a chest strap....don't waste your money.
  • robertyii
    Options
    I totally agree, dont waste your money on anything without a chest strap, the other methods of recording heartbeat all have some major disadvantages.
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That doesn't include a chest strap....don't waste your money.

I bought one last time the deal was up. It is okay, but I wouldn't call it a real heart rate monitor.

As far as accuracy, it seems generally inline with my perceived exertion level. However, the biggest issue is that it only reads your heart rate when you are actually touching the contact pads, and it can take 5 to 20 seconds to get a reading, and sometimes it doesn't give a reading at all. I will actually be buying a real heart rate monitor in the near future. If you are looking for an actual HRM, then save your money for something legitimate.

It is, however, a nice watch. The band is solid material, and it has an alarm, stopwatch w/ splits, a timer, and a light button.
  • itsme_timd
    Options
    Was browsing the boards and saw this thread again. Since I posted the "deal" I've had my watch/HRM for about 4 months. It's junk.. almost useless. If you are sweating any at all it won't read and sometimes it takes forever to lock onto your pulse. Very difficult to take any measurements during your activity so you can get an average HR. Also, the light only lasts about 2 seconds, not even enough time to move your finger from the light button to the sensors.

So now I have an ugly watch that will occasionally measure hear rate if it feels like it.
  • joolie1h
    Options
    Thanks for updating your review. I almost just bought one through GoogleOffers for $14.99. Now I'll save my money for something better.
  • hkraver
    hkraver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You saved me. I was about to buy two. One for my wife also. Thanks.
  • Bob120970
    Options
    I've seen a few people looking for heart rate monitors and got this deal from Groupon today.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-bowflex-ez-pro-heart-rate-monitor-watch?c=all&p=4

Reviews overall look decent on it, but for the price it seems to be a good deal.
  • Bob120970
    Options
    I bought this exact Groupon and here's my review posted to Amazon to warn others. This SUX. May be a good $2 WATCH, but it's a crummy Heart Rate Monitor. The sensors are so poor that you must stand perfectly still and make repeated placements of your fingers until they're just perfect before it will register a heart rate - doesn't matter whether or not you completely cover both sensors, it just has to like where you've placed your fingers or it won't register. By the time you get it to display a rate your pulse has dropped 10 points, and of course you CAN'T continue any sort of exercise or the motion artifact will prevent it from ever giving a readout. This item is a LOSER - don't bother unless all you want is a Resting Heart Rate, and even then you'll still have to repeatedly reposition your fingers on the sensors until it likes what you've done.