binge and lost weight?

Options
I have been eating 1300-1500 calories for about a week and on monday I went from 217 to 218.7 I felt like my plan wasnt working! so tuesday I totally pigged out! I was doing great at first and even made a healthy dinner but my husband took all my food lol(he works nights)! so I was like forget it I dont feel like cooking again and ordered a 7in pizza and chunky fries and then I had peanut butter and toast, 2 french toast, some peanuts and 2 bowls of cereal! Overeating is an understatement. I logged it in and balled parked 2,000-3,000 cals for that day. Well this morning I weighed myself, just for laughs, and it says I am now 216! I was shocked that I lost weight and realize that my oringinal plan WAS working. Will eating like I did for one day ruin it? and how can I counter-act my binge so it doesn't affect my weightloss? I havent over eaten this much in a long long time!

Replies

• virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as a binge just look at it as a day of normal eating. One day out of the week eating out of your calorie range wont do you harm it can help because your body will feel comfortable that its being feed. Any who I cheat every week and nothing is off limits and I am losing steady for months and no stall has happen yet. I notice that when I don't cheat I wont drop weight weird but hey it works for me don't be afraid to eat enjoy life just don't over do it and workout :)
  • viktoriaakills
    Options
    Binge days are good sometimes! I read an article stating that if you overeat occasionally it will actually raise your metabolism! I know a lot of people, actually, that have a "cheat" day simply for that reason. :)
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah that happens to me sometimes. Will be following this thread to see what others say.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    ha ha. It is what it is. right?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Inquiring minds wish to know what "chunky fries" are.
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    To be honest with you, yes it can happen. I don't understand the metabolism thing and how a pigging out day can do it but last night my sugar got very low and I needed something quick and when I had cooked burgers for my family I had one on white bread bun and had doritos and got up this morning and had lost. It is definately possible =)
  • KKabo
    KKabo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Inquiring minds wish to know what "chunky fries" are.

I wanted to say 'chips' but they're not like mcdonald's fries or potatos wedges so chunky fries were the only way I could describe them lol. Thanks a bunch guys!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Changes in hydration status.