Need to get back on track

Options
Hello everyone,

I have been watching my calories etc for a while now and it just is going so S L O W L Y. One week I lost a grand 0.2lb!!! for goodness sake! however, on a positive note it is going the right way, even though it is slow. I exercise a lot and think I'm not too bad with my eating. But over the last few days I have gone down hill. I can't kick myself back into the healthy eating. I just feel so fed up and need a kick up the bum.

Any tips to get me back on track would be gratefully received, and exercise tips too. Anything to get me back on track. Would love to hear from you.

Caroline

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You do have to be in the right frame of mind to start a lifestyle change, but for me it just took looking in the mirror and at my clothes! It made me thoroughly disgusted with myself. I set up a group of female friends that I email once a week to touch base with, as my accountability group. I used dry erase markers to create a chart on my bathroom mirror where I would right down my weight at each weigh in (once a week only), with a fat picture at top and a picture of a healthy individual at the bottom of the chart. Anything to keep my goals in front of me. I also cleaned my house out of processed and unhealthy foods. For me, getting through the first 3 weeks was the toughest when my willpower was weakest, so not having the temptations in my house was helpful, at least late a night. It is not going to happen unless you make it happen. You know you want too!!!!!! Set small goals and just work to getting to each one individually on a daily basis!!!! I wish you success!!!! You will be so glad that you did!
  • MDJA04
    MDJA04 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey Ms. C,

Have you ever tried a low carb diet? I have lost 30pounds on it in 6 weeks. It's awsome if you can handle no bread lol...
  • claguna21
    Options
    Hello,
    I need some encouragement. I did good on the first day of eating, but now I'm falling back into my old habits. I love food. I have been exercising but I don't have motivation to do it. Any suggestions. Thanks
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi! what can you eat on a low carb diet? I have been counting calories for a month and haven't lost a pound. I need to regroup and try something different