not even sure what to do anymore

Options
i was doing so good with insanity and i freaking pull my back in more than one place.. it's been almost a month.. today i would have completed insanity i'm so so disapointed in myself i never finish anything and i was actually doing good. this sucks.. i have lost a few pounds but i feel like i gave up as soon as i hurt my back .. . i say i didn't wanna hurt it more but i question myself if that's the real reason or i just wanted to stop trying becuase i was tired of it and didn't want it anymore. i want to have a lifestyle change where i can be healthy and thin because i HOPE it will give me more confidence within myself. i say hope because sometimes i feel like it doesn't matter if i'm 200 lbs or 100 .. no matter how skinny i get i'll still hate myself, and that scares me. i'm being this honest with all of you because i don't really know who to say all of this to. i want to count calories to a T and be the best i can be and at the same time i just want to end it all becuase i'm tired of living this life. i know i have to be the one to change it but honestly i dont think i'm even worth it anymore. i kept posting about how i would get back into it because i was bored bu i dont even think that's the problem... the problem is i dont care about myself enough to change anything even though i want to so bad. i dont know if this makes sense i just wish it would all stop.. i tell this to my mom all the time and i'm sure it breaks her heart but i just wanna be reincarnated .. i can't take me anymore

Replies

• rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Injury is a legitimate reason to stop exercising. You wouldn't want to hurt yourself more in the long run. It doesn't mean that you have given up or that you won't keep going. The fact that you keep trying is really what is important. I don't know what will be down the line for you. However, I believe that if you keep at your lifestyle change you will feel better about yourself. I also believe that your life will get better as well.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I can totally understand your feelings and your words!!! You got to do this for you and do things for you and you will get there!! I feel so much better about myself when I start talking about me!! I am not just talking about working out!! This week I've felt like complete crap as I have not been taking care of myself!! Never a good feeling!! Just keep plugging away!! You will get there, but you've got to put yourself first!!
  • Geekyfatgirl
    Geekyfatgirl Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think many people have this same feeling, they want to better themselves, but are so unhappy with themselves that it doesn't even matter anymore.
    I thought the same way about myself. I would get so depressed, not care because everything in life is boring, the same, and I wasn't happy, so I didn't care what I looked like. Something clicked, not sure what it was, but I was just...TIRED of feeling miserable. I'd watch shows and see other people who can live life, and try to have some fun with it. I realized that, if I lost some weight, and change something about myself, I'd feel a bit happier, and it was enough to get me started.

Dedicate yourself to it, make it a point, but make it fun. keep the app on hand and remind yourself to do this, think about the kind of energy and fun things you can do when you get to your goal. Make a diary, not just a food one, but, a general one, go out and buy a plain one, then decorate it how you want, personalize it and make it a point to write what you feel and why. Get a planner and do the same, so you can keep track of your progress. Set small goals, and no matter what, push yourself to get to them. Fight hard and have that picture in mind of the person you want to be like. You can be who you want to be, you just need to let go and have some fun. When you achieve a small goal, treat yourself! For me, it's piercings, I love body mods and something like that makes me feel a bit better about myself. Altering my appearance slighty with clothes, or a new haircut, jewelry, those things are enough to make me feel a bit better about myself.

Something needs to click for you, just take a few deep breaths, and clear your head. Do something that will make you feel happy, then realize, you WANT to be happy, and changing yourself will get you there. I've lost close to 60lbs total, 48 of that with help of MFP and my friends on here. I can say, while I still stress and feel depressed from time to time, I'm SO HAPPY with the changes I made to myself. I love how I look now, and thats one less thing that I have to worry about, in fact, that's something I can be proud of. Blood, sweat and tears have got me to this point, and I feel amazing. You just need to hold onto that thought of being happy some day, and keep that as a treasure you must guard with your life, fighting off your inner demons. I know you can do it, just hang on there, and don't give up. When you feel week, yell to get back up, and know you have people to help you get there.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have been to that point where I'm just sick of living. Making it though one day after another can be so painful, especially when the good feels overwhelmed by the bad. But it DOES get better. I know everyone says that, and I know that it doesn't seem true, but just cling to that knowledge. I did, and I came out the other end. If anything, focus on your ability to help others. It will give you a renewed sense of purpose if you believe that your life isn't about making yourself happy but about making the world a better place. You have huge potential, and the world needs you.

As far as the diet goes, don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you're going through a tough time dealing with life in general. It may be best to focus on your mental health right now. See a counselor, do things that bring you joy, catch up with old friends. Just try to log your food and stay under your calorie allotment, but don't beat yourself up if you go over or don't get a workout in. That's life! If your diet doesn't allow you breaks and indulgences, it's not realistic. Just pick yourself up and keep truckin along.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    i was doing so good with insanity and i freaking pull my back in more than one place.. it's been almost a month.. today i would have completed insanity i'm so so disapointed in myself i never finish anything and i was actually doing good. this sucks.. i have lost a few pounds but i feel like i gave up as soon as i hurt my back .. . i say i didn't wanna hurt it more but i question myself if that's the real reason or i just wanted to stop trying becuase i was tired of it and didn't want it anymore. i want to have a lifestyle change where i can be healthy and thin because i HOPE it will give me more confidence within myself. i say hope because sometimes i feel like it doesn't matter if i'm 200 lbs or 100 .. no matter how skinny i get i'll still hate myself, and that scares me. i'm being this honest with all of you because i don't really know who to say all of this to. i want to count calories to a T and be the best i can be and at the same time i just want to end it all becuase i'm tired of living this life. i know i have to be the one to change it but honestly i dont think i'm even worth it anymore. i kept posting about how i would get back into it because i was bored bu i dont even think that's the problem... the problem is i dont care about myself enough to change anything even though i want to so bad. i dont know if this makes sense i just wish it would all stop.. i tell this to my mom all the time and i'm sure it breaks her heart but i just wanna be reincarnated .. i can't take me anymore

if it helps...you are smokinnnnnn;D
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but this is life and its hard.Never consider yourself a failure unless you stop trying.There is absolutely nothing wrong with failing at something.You cannot control everything no matter how hard you try.You have to be ready to face disappointments,you are gonna fall but whether you let it affect yourself depends on you.No one said it is gonna be a smooth ride.All you can do is no matter how many times you fall,you dont ever think of giving up,you get up,dust off and move forward again.Thats all any of us can do.I have spend the last 3 years trying to lose weight but every time i would succumb or plain give up in 2-3 months but this time i have been going for a while now.Of course i will be disheartened if i went back to my old ways and lost everything i have achieved the last few months but i sure as hell guarantee you i will try again. Don't be so hard on yourself please.Big *hug* for you :)
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Girl, why would you hate yourself??? If you dont love yourself who will??? Its was believe to love yourself is selfish year ago, never.... you matter and you count... weight doesnt determine how good you are or how happy you are. Yes gettting weight off can help with your over health. Just because you cant workout due to injury then just pay attention to what you eat... I am trying to get you think about what a good person you are and dont hate yourself.
  • warrior63
    Options
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"
    Rocky Balboa
    I share this with you because I think all of us go through times of whether it is worth it. Getting healthy and fit is as much mental as it is exercise and nutrition. You will gain more confidence through exercise and eating right. I know about injury. I am a certified as a fitness trainer, boxing fitness trainer, and I am an ex-boxing coach. I have pushed through my injuries over the years and stayed in pretty good shape as I turn 50 this comig year. I was doing P90X and started having severe pain in my ankles. I went to a doctor, actually, I had three doctors opinions, it seems I have a condition from being flat footed that has caused my heels to turn outward. They all say surgery. I have had my share of surgeries in the past. I told them no deal. I am not ready to be laid up for almost 6 months. I started getting angry and even depressed, turned to comfort food and put on 30 pounds mainly around my mid-section. One day, I looked in the mirror and I hated what I saw. This guy was not me. I made up my mind, I CAN DO THIS and so the journey begins. Each day, a little victory, but the main thing is not quitting.
    You CAN do this. Don't let an injury through you off. You will feel so much better when you reach your goals and it will make you feel like you can take on the world!!! Go For IT!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you are so right warrior63- mind set can do just about anything.. its the will and drive that will get results....think positive and stay focus.
  • TaterTotz777
    Options
    i dont think this has anything at all to do with your weight or an injury. you sound suicidal and you should seek medical help right away. I'm actually deeply concerned for your well being