huge sweet tooth + easter candy!

Options
So I am home from college for Easter break, and I know my parents/Grandma are going to give my brothers and I huge baskets of candy on Sunday because they do every year. I've been really good the past couple weeks and I don't want to ruin all my hard work. And I have an ENORMOUS sweet tooth, so if that candy is in front of me I will not be able to resist those Reeses and Cadbury eggs haha. Is there any way to go about this situation without just giving the candy back to my parents? I would feel terrible if I did that, and they do not need extra candy, but I definitely do not need it.....im thinking maybe i will just pick out my favorites and give away the rest when i get back to school.....

anyone else have this problem? and does anyone have any suggestions so I don't devour it all at once and then feel extremely disgusted with myself later :)

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    When they give you your Easter basket say thank you and set it down. When they leave, give it all to your brother.......your body and your brother will thank you for it:) Happy Easter bunnies to you and I wish you all of the luck!
  • GRANDEOSO
    Options
    My suggestion- Pick out your favorite Easter Candy and eat it, then let the rest go. Hit the gym
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    *In his best Elmer Fudd voice* "Kill da Wabbit! Kill da Wabbit! Kill da Wabbit! Kill da WAAAABBIT!"

Rabbit stew will be better for you than all the candy he'll leave anyhow...;)
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    Options
    pick out the few candies that you enjoy the most, and set them aside for a treat every fews day and then give the rest to your brothers. Don't deprive yourself of a few candies, i found the more i deprived myself, the more i would binge later on candies and junk food. I let myself have a small treat every other day and i find it helps curb any cravings that i have.
  • fauxdetresse
    Options
    i'm not even going home for easter, and my mother has let me know that she sent a care package and it should arrive tomorrow. i think i'm just going to throw it in the garbage.
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    *In his best Elmer Fudd voice* "Kill da Wabbit! Kill da Wabbit! Kill da Wabbit! Kill da WAAAABBIT!"

Rabbit stew will be better for you than all the candy he'll leave anyhow...;)

*snort*

I do kill the rabbit. It's a family tradition to sacrifice a rabbit to the great pagan gods of Easter. The eyes go first, then the ears, and then the rest is bashed into bite sized pieces. Mmmm. Dead chocolate bunny always tastes so good, especially if the eyes are candy. :tongue:
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    double double
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    My suggestion- Pick out your favorite Easter Candy and eat it, then let the rest go. Hit the gym

I agree.... WOW THAT CAT NEEDS MFP....................