Breakfast cereal?

Options
I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. This has spilled over into my breakfasts. I prefer eating quick foods like cereal for breakfast when I can (I have to leave for work at 6:30), but my normal cereal choices are things like Froot Loops. I hate to say this, but I have no idea what healthy cereals are out there, besides the ones I see on TV like Special K. Anyone want to help a brother out on some healthy, yet good-tasting, cereal?

Replies

• rottyman
    Options
    Personally, I enjoy the FiberOne cereals.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy the Kashi brand cereals.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of Nature's Path Organic cereals. I love the Heritage Flakes, Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch, Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla, and Optimum Power Blueberry Cinnamon Flax. I try to get a new one each time I need cereal to taste them all.

They're tasty, very good for you, and all non-GMO.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, reeses puffs, churros cereal
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Special K Protein cereal. I think I read it was chosen by Men's Fitness magazine as one of the best choices. I eat it often with a sliced banana and skim milk. I seem to get less hungry on my way to lunchtime.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    I have a serious addiction to Post Grape Nuts Flakes. The regular grape nuts are too hard to eat for my teeth, personally, however I know they are quite good. But I literally am so in love with the flakes, I eat them at least twice a day. Every day. And I know variety is good, but my morning bowl and my after dinner snack is just too good to give up. They aren't sweet themselves, they actually have kind of a nutty flavor. But when a sweet tooth craving hits, a pinch of truvia (or whatever sweetener you prefer) or a splash of sugar free coffee mate into my milk does the trick.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I know you're asking about cereal (I would eat it 3 times a day if I could!) but have you thought about grabbing protein shakes instead? You can whip them up pretty quickly, make them as sweet as you like (with fruit and flavored powders) and drink them in the car. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it's amazing how much extra time I have in the mornings.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi stuff quite a bit. I really like the Go Lean Crunch right now...lots of protein and high fiber...and they do sweeten it up a bit with some sugar.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Barbara's Bakery Puffins Cereals :D My favorite <3
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cereal is cereal. Eat the kind you like, and don't feel guilty. Just make sure you get plenty of protein later in the day if you only have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Personally, I eat my cereal before bed. I like Honey Nut Cheerios, Reese's Puffs, and Cocoa Pebbles the best.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you want to pump up the protein value of any breakfast cereal, add some protein powder to your milk. I do this frequently, adding half a scoop of Alive! powder, which functions as a protein supplement and a multivitamin. It turns the milk green, but I find it amusing.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, y'all! Looks like I've got some comparison shopping to do! :)
  • dicker94
    Options
    I'm a bit like you...but I urge you to try this in the morning..

-Protein shake, 2 scoops (so it's nice and thick) with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of honey.

It tastes sweet and AMAZING, fills you up, it kick starts your metabolism and you get good natural fats and protein to start your body burning early.
    Best 'on the go' breakfast i've found yet!