New here

Options
Ok well I am not really new here I have been faithfully logging in for almost 2 weeks now. I knew I had to do something when I went to the doctor about 6-8weeks ago and weighed in at 300#. I started "dieting" by simply cutting out all beverages except for water. That gave me a good boost, but still was not sold on my doctor's instructions that "weight loss is no more complicated than burning more calories than you take in."

With that in mind, and my great desire to debunk my doctor, I downloaded the My Fitness Pal application for my iPhone and decided to start tracking my daily calorie intake. My wife had been using it and said she really liked it. So Mar 21 was my first day of the diet and I was between 285-290#s . I was amazed at how much I could eat in a day and stay beneath (well beneath) my recommended calorie intake. I was eating all the time. All I changed was how big my portions were, what I was eating and when. I also incorporated moderate exercise: e.g. using an elliptical trainer a few times a week, shooting baskets at the park and mild weight training, and now as of today I am down to 270# in just about 2 weeks.

I am sold. I don't need fancy diet plans expensive gurus, or move my things into a gym. I just need to do what my doctor said, burn more calories than I take in. My goal is to be under 200#s by my 40th birthday in Sept. and I am confident I will make it and my goal weight of 170# by the Holidays. Once there I am never coming back to fatville ever again.

If you are reading this you have the same goal as me and I wish you all the best of encouragement with your efforts to make a healthier life. I k now now it does not take long to feel the positive effects of a healthier lifestyle. Simple things like the fact my house is cleaner, I enjoy going out more, and I appreciate the time with my family. So stick with it!

Replies

• zildgian
    zildgian Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You found the right place. There is nothing but support here and great ideas on success. Best of luck to you.