How to log C25K? + is this a good exercise plan.

Options
I went a bit mad going to the gym and doing the same thing every day over the summer holidays so now I'm home for Christmas, I'm going to jazz it up a bit.

Mon: C25K
Tue: Gym*
Wed: C25K
Thur: Swim
Fri: C25K
Sat: Gym
Sun: Rest

*Hoping to get a personal trainer to help me tone/use the weights safely

A) Is the above plan viable, and for how long would I need to exercise each day (C25K is 30 mins, I think?)?

B) How do you log C25K?

Replies

• Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I run, runtastic and rundouble simultaniously on my phone while i'm doing c25k... rundouble gives me the detailed intervals breakdown, and runtastic is linked to my myfitnesspal account and automatically logs the workout for me... worked really well the other day when rundouble cacked out on me 15 minutes in and i had to restart but runtastic had kept going.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I run, runtastic and rundouble simultaniously on my phone while i'm doing c25k... rundouble gives me the detailed intervals breakdown, and runtastic is linked to my myfitnesspal account and automatically logs the workout for me... worked really well the other day when rundouble cacked out on me 15 minutes in and i had to restart but runtastic had kept going.
    What are those apps? And what does the app log it as?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you go to Coolrunnings website it gives a breakdown of the walking, running bits so you can log each separately.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I log C2K5 at my average speed for 30 minutes. Not sure if this is accurate but I don't eat back all of my calories anyways so it's okay for me. I also have Runtastic and it works great when I'm out on the street, but I am on the treadmill for the winter and it doesn't work so well when it's sitting on the machine.

Runtastic is a great app and so is C25K Free from Zen Labs, lowers the volume of my music to tell me what to do next instead of having to keep track of it all myself. I have an Android phone.
  • StihlTech
    StihlTech Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 using C25K free from Zen Labs and it has worked well for me to know what to do when and for how long.

To log I use Runtastic, just turn it on and let it do its thing when outside. When on the treadmill, go to the history and "add activity", I just put in the total time and total distance. At first I tried putting in each run/walk, but found it was less than a 10 cal difference. Link Runtastic to MFP and it will automatically post to MFP for you, works great.