Renewing my vow to MFP, need encouragement

Options
Hi,
I fell off the wagon, regretably, its been one hurtle after another. I really need friends, encouragement and accountability.

I work out at home = have to wake up 1 1/2 hours before the house, which can be a challenge but with the kids, its very difficult to work out at any other time. Life always has a seperate plan for my daylight hours.

Need to be in a group, held accountable with my goals in mind....

Replies

• FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great way to start the New Year!!!!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Scoot over and I'll share your bench because I fell off the wagon too. As soon as time changed and I could no longer walk/run in the evenings, I dived right off. :( Now I am trying to get back on and that is going to mean exercising in the am. It is tough when you have to get kids and yourself ready to get out the door. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We are here to help. Some suggestions: don't beat yourself up cause we are human, start your day with an apple (boost metabolism or so I have read), if your kids are stroller or wagon size then walk walk walk cause you benefit that way and don't have to get up so much earlier then them, park your car at the far end of the parking lot when you go shopping (unless its unsafe especially with little kids). And come here regularly and read the success stories. They are very motivating!
  • lashayinc
    lashayinc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I took have totally fallen off and the scale reflected a 8 lb jump this morning from my all time low. I'm so sad but motivated.
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I still have a ways to go, and am battling christmas sweets right now...I try to do workouts on the xbox kinect when I can't get out of the house and it is helpful. Always looking for other mom friends battling the weight!
  • mylee69
    Options
    Feel welcome to add me. Havn't got anyone on friends list yet because I have just come back recently, Coming back to mfp is definately a step in the right direction as it has worked for me in the past and once again now. Keep your chin up and be your own cheerleader for getting back on track. Well done.
  • Jmee2
    Jmee2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am recommitting this morning as well. I have a long way to go and am searching for what I call my 2009 self. I'm also working out in the early mornings due to my kiddo and hubby's schedule. I'd be happy to have a friend to share and encourage with.

I'm new to online boards and forums, but not new to the weight loss challenge.
  • mellycupcakesxo
    mellycupcakesxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can completely empathize with you because, especially with kids & full time school/part time work , it's extremely hard to keep up! My vow is start 2013 with daily exercise & diet (Diet is KEY) . And MFP is the best website to track your diet & exercise and STAY on track. Nothing's impossible. We can do this! Just make your goal TO LOSE WEIGHT period.... and once you start & see results, even if it's a pound or two, you'll want to continue. You can do this!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm struggling to get back on the wagon. I did the 30day shred before the rest of the house woke up a month or so ago. Now I just can't seem to get my **s out of bed in time. I've been swimming twice a week though so I'm not completely inactive. I'm surrounded by chocolates at my three jobs though which I just can't seem to resist.
  • Lex_Boogie
    Options
    Feel free to add me and remember that tomorrow is in the past and gone and each morning marks a begining and journey, cheers!!
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Don't ever give up. Each day is a new chance to start fresh. Don't kick yourself, just move forward.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Like you, I fell off the wagon. I even went so far as to delete my previous account.......I think I got kind of frustrated, not sure.
    I've decided to "renew my vow" as well. Luckily, MFP kept me going in the right direction even though I was't using it, because I didn't balloon back up.......I only put on about 2 pounds from my last weigh in.

Now I'm back, and would welcome anybody to send me an invite too. I enjoy the scrutinizing eyes.
  • lauren1802
    Options
    Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.

is this a forum board?
  • annasensei
    Options
    Welcome back! We'll help you out! i've got some great workouts that can be done at home easily, so hit me up!
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    Welcome back! I've had to push the reset button a couple of times myself. :)
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    Like you, I fell off the wagon. I even went so far as to delete my previous account.......

HA! I did the same thing!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yep! Right there with ya. I've put on 50 lbs the last year or so. It kinda crept up and it didn't seem to bother me much til lately. I hate it!!!! Just having a hard time getting going!
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me too :) I've fallen off the wagon, I've tried and tried to brush my knees off and move forward but I have realized, I really need accountability so PLEASE count me it :) xoxo good luck
  • TheBeth1231
    Options
    Feel free to add me, aim is to lose half a stone and i need motivation to be honest too