2»

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Ive lots of cookery books but to honest I love allrecipes.co.uk
  • AJWriter
    Options
    I like the BBC Good Food Cook Books. They come in several different varieties including Low Fat Recipes and One Pot Recipes but I use them a lot because the receipes are listed on here already and if you do come across one that isn't then everything you need to know is in the book. Highly recommend them. :flowerforyou:
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Better Homes & Garden Dieter's Cookbook. I have made over half the recipes and have not had a bad one yet! Everyone in my family loves them. I almost need a new copy - all my pages are falling out and I think it's starting to grow its own food! LOL
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Did anyone mention James Beard's American Cookery. Lots of the basic dishes you might want to make, and it is a fun book because he gives you the history of the recipe -- when it was first printed, by whom, how it differed from modern version, etc.
    Or, the Silver Palate Cookbook, the first one. There are some incredible dishes in there, like the to-die-for carrot/orange soup, the lemon cake, etc. And, the recipes are elegant because they are quite simple and straightforward.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Love the Hairy Dieters cook book, use it at least once a week
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a McCalls cookbook, published in the early '60's, that I have owned since I was 21 and I am 63 now. When I began making food more complicated than Swanson's Potpie over a bed of rice, this was the book that helped me move out of my comfort zone. For many years it was the only cookbook I owned and shows it's age and wear just like me. :)
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump