Jillian's 30 day shred!!!!

Options
So I watched on youtube about the Jillian's 30 day shred!!! I'm kinda interesting in trying it out maybe starting on Jan. 1st!!! Those of you who have done it, what are you thoughts on it? Did you like it and did u get the result you wanted out of doing it???? Also how much are her dvd's, I need to find some that arent so pricey!!! Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    loved it. its cheap. less than 15, i think. do it everywhere for best results.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It is just one DVD and its about $20 tops usually you can find it used or for free on Youtube.
    I love it because it is a quick 20 minute work out that you see results on fairly quickly.
    It is definitely a good starting point :)
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I saw results on 30 day shred. I lost inches and a few pounds. You can find them at Walmart for $10. I'm going to start her next series of dvds. Do it!
  • HubbyForAsh
    Options
    I believe you can find it in most stores for around 9.99. I bought it at Best Buy last year for that price. I have also heard that all three workouts are posted on youtube if your interested in looking there before you spend any money.
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great set of workouts (your knees and shoulders wont think so) and pretty cheap to buy. All three workouts are on you- tube. I didnt lose a lot of weight, but toned up and gained strength/endurance BIG TIME.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it, though December is not the best time to do it. I just progressed to level 2 but haven't been able to do it for 3 days now due to holiday obligations and what not. I do like it, and hope to get back to it soon. Just after the first 10 days I saw results. As for the expense, I hear the DVD runs around $10-$14. Not bad. What we are doing is hooking up our laptop to the TV and following it from YouTube. Works just as well and is FREE. You will need either 3-pound or 5-pound dumbbells if you don't have any already and a mat if you don't have carpet.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have done it and I got more than I bargained for. I was inspired to do it four or 5 times a week and combined it with martial arts and running. I didn't lose much weight but I dropped a dress size. My body composition changed and I also found that I was less inclined to weigh myself. It also changed how I felt about weight loss because I began to focus more on fat loss. Doing this has made me actually want to become a personal trainer so I can help others.

I have an important tip for you:

Concentrate on your body composition instead of the scales

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I like it and try to do it every now and then!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I loved it! It was the first thing I did when I started exercising regularly. I did it for the full 30 days in August. I lost about 6lbs and lots of inches (I wasn't measuring at that point but I know I got a lot smaller). I had never really done anything with weights before so it was really cool to see my muscles shining through. I used youtube for that one, and her other ones are $10 at target and walmart.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have done it and I got more than I bargained for. I was inspired to do it four or 5 times a week and combined it with martial arts and running. I didn't lose much weight but I dropped a dress size. My body composition changed and I also found that I was less inclined to weigh myself. It also changed how I felt about weight loss because I began to focus more on fat loss. Doing this has made me actually want to become a personal trainer so I can help others.

I have an important tip for you:

Concentrate on your body composition instead of the scales

Feel free to add me if you like.

i like this post
  • committed120
    Options
    I just started it 8 days ago and I love it! don't have a ton of results...yet... but I love the way it seems my muscles are toning and I add other things just to change it up. Highly recommend it. I started doing it on the internet, but decided to invest the $10 at Target and own it. Give it a try.
  • bemoir
    bemoir Posts: 10
    Options
    i just finished day 10 of level one today. i haven't SEEN much for results yet, but i can feel it. i took my measurements the first day, and they haven't changed much, except i lost about an inch in my arms. i just watched level 2 to see what i'm in for, and i'm a little nervous haha. i don't plan on stopping because i've heard so many good things about it and everyone's before and after pictures are amazing. good luck everyone :)
  • melkayco
    melkayco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im starting it tonight! I always say I'll start tmrw or on mon....Im tired of hearing that come out of my mouth! Today is the day.
  • Xandra101
    Xandra101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for almost 2 months now, just 2 days a week though and other 2 days I go to gym. I think I will finish level 2 this week, and go on to level 3.

I am petite, just 5 feet tall. I've lost 3 pounds with this routine, from 119 to 116. I have problem keeping my daily intake below 1200 kcal though. Sometimes I eat more than 2000 kcal per day. I guess if I could control my eating habit, I should have lost more weight.

I love 30DS. The pace is so fast that you finish it before you even feel bored. Some exercises are quite challenging, but with time you'll be able to do them. When I finish 30DS, I think I will go on to 6 weeks 6 packs. I love Michaels' style.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I paid $4.99 each for the 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism at inetvideo.com

They haven't arrived yet, but I can't wait. If you start a group, I'd love to join.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Currently doing it. Half way through. Tough but you get used to it quickly. First 3 days I could hardly walk but by 4th day major aching stopped and now just have that nice worked muscles feeling. Have lost inches and pounds and like other poster it has changed my body composition. I am doing it daily for 30 days and am thinking of repeating say 3 times a week after that.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    im going to be starting level 3 soon, its great, i have noticed a huge difference in my pics since day one, waist down 3 inches, and still 13 days to go!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of 30DS! It was the first workout I did when I started MFP. It took me about 6 weeks to do 30 workouts, but I ended up losing 18lbs! It's hard, but you can modify the moves and make it work for you.

There's a 30DS group here that is really active and a great place for support and answers:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/117-30-day-shred

Good luck!
  • katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of the 30DS and I've gotten MORE out of it than I expected. I haven't lost as much weight as I hoped/expected, but I've lost way more inches than I ever dreamed and I can see the start of a 6-pack! It's been a really amazing journey in a short time. It wasn't always easy but I did not allow myself to take days off (except for my first 5k and a recovery day the day after). Stick with it and do your best and the results are impressive! Realistically, I found the first 3 days of each level to be tough. Even though I was sore at first I stuck with it (it wasn't too bad). I started to see improvements in my ability to complete the workouts by days 4-5 of each level!
    You should check out the Holiday Shredders group. Yes, it is available on the BeFit channel on YouTube for free :) no need to buy.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I am on day 22, which is day 2 of level 3! It is hard but worth it. I own the DVD's but wound up just watching them on YouTube.

TAKE PICTURES! I was feeling extremely discouraged on day 15 until I compared pictures and saw my progress. Made me super excited for the second half!