Lost my first 20lbs!

Options
I'm so excited to lose the first 20lbs! It was my "major mini goal" in the beginning of this journey. I figured if i can get to 20 that should motivate me to keep going and lose the rest. Well... here i am! I lost 20 and now i'm ready to lose more!

I'm very excited about it and i'm looking forward to continuing this journey.

For now my future goals are 10lbs at a time... then before i know i should be at my goal weight!

So... yes i wanted to brag a little and share my happiness but I also want to reassure all of those that are just starting... that it's just a matter of doing it.

I've procrastinated so long with losing weight... and i've gone through so many diets only to yo-yo with my weight and end up gaining 5lbs after. So, this is it. I'm doing it and i want to do it right!

Good luck to all of you out there!

Replies

• jordan_vakil
    Options
    congratulations! Keep it up. My major mini goal is to get to 165, I'm now at 169 and cannot wait to get those 4 pounds off!! I hope I can do it by the 11th when I go to Paris. *fingers crossed*
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
    You're the kind of inspiration needed around here.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: You're doing awesome! :drinker: Keep up the great job you're doing, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Having been where you r, it took losing 20 pounds for it to seem real for me! That is such a significant amount! That's when I began buying new size clothing and just wanting to look in the mirror for a change! Definite accomplishment and kudos to you for sticking with it. It is great that you are continually motivated and seeking to continue with your weight loss and meet each goal you have set for yourself! We will cheer you on! Keep it up!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Thats great.. keep it up =]
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Great job!
  • tinambird
    tinambird Posts: 11
    Options
    Good Job! :smile:
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Great mindset! Challenges seem more within reach when we break them down into smaller, more digestable chunks. Good job, girl. We'll be right here with you, through the next 10 lbs and beyond. :wink:
  • bttrflykisses820
    Options
    Aww thanks so much guys! You're all so great <3
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Way to go! You should feel very good, 20lbs that you will never have to see again. Best wishes on your next goal.
  • RockYourFitness
    RockYourFitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Job chica!!! That is motivation to keep all of us going!!:happy:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm 3 pounds away from losing my first 20. I can't wait!
  • JenSuazo
    JenSuazo Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!!
    0002013F.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!