Gift Ideas for the parents!!??!?!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Yes its that time of season where most people are odnt with Christmas shopping. I however have 2 more people left. The 2 hardest people who DONT want anything.................and who HAVE everything....My parents!!!
I have been busy the past week being awesome and such :bigsmile:

but my time is running out here...................

any suggestions from my awesome people of MFP?!?!?!

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i dont know if your parents would dig this, but i got my dad a r/c helicopter this year, and i got my mom slippers. everyone loves slippers :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I hate buying for my parents...and buying for my in laws.

But, having said that, what about some different teas/coffees, cookies, mixed nuts, jams, jerkies.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    A grandchild?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    my parents always gave each other socks and underwear...as corny as that may seem....but when my dad passed my sister and i kept that tradition going, so each year we get mom a 6 pack of cotton briefs....lol
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Dinner and movie gift certificates for a date night out!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Would they go for massages together?
    A nice bottle of wine.
    A gift card to a nice restaurant.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A nice framed picture of yourself (and your SO/kids, etc if applicable)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Condoms.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's parents are the same way. I know that they love taking little weekend trips, so today my boyfriend called an inn in Vermont we stayed in last year. We had mentioned when we were there that they would love it. My bf bought a gift certificate which they put in the mail today and rushed. They normally don't do gift certificates so it was awesome that we got to this, right under the wire! Do you think they would like something like that?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    i dont know if your parents would dig this, but i got my dad a r/c helicopter this year, and i got my mom slippers. everyone loves slippers :)
    Thats what my parents got this year too!

I actually made my mom ornaments to go with her slippers.

If you have kids get them to make them something - xmas ornaments are super easy and homemade gifts are usually something that is very appreciated.

If not get them something that you know they would like but never do for themselves - a gift card to a nice place to eat and one to the movies. PJ's all parents need NICE pj's, slippers etc. What about coffee or tea? Last year I got them a coffee and tea set.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This year, I got my mom Bejeweled 3 and Dad got a package of smoked salmon.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    A nice framed picture of yourself (and your SO/kids, etc if applicable)

I like this idea!!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    My boyfriend's parents are the same way. I know that they love taking little weekend trips, so today my boyfriend called an inn in Vermont we stayed in last year. We had mentioned when we were there that they would love it. My bf bought a gift certificate which they put in the mail today and rushed. They normally don't do gift certificates so it was awesome that we got to this, right under the wire! Do you think they would like something like that?

Oh! I should totally research this!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    We always do a personalised photo calendar with pictures of us and mostly the kids.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes its that time of season where most people are odnt with Christmas shopping. I however have 2 more people left. The 2 hardest people who DONT want anything.................and who HAVE everything....My parents!!!
    I have been busy the past week being awesome and such :bigsmile:

but my time is running out here...................

any suggestions from my awesome people of MFP?!?!?!

Gift card to their favorite place to eat.

Gift card to the movie theaters for a date night.

Gift card to Home Depot, there is ALWAYS something at HD they have been looking at.

If they play online games, Gift Card for their online games.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The dad got a really awesome gun cleaning kit
    The mom got a gift card to a hideous store she likes, its actually called "Casa de Bling".
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    You didn't really mention a price range. My in-laws are like this, easy going people, don't really need or want anything.

We have gotten them gift certificates for golfing, bed & breakfast, musicals. Their anniversary is in the spring and often use these certificates then.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My Dad's getting a Harley jacket, Mom is getting a massage gift card and footie pjs.

Not sure about your price range, but maybe a gift certificate to a photographer?? I know my parents loved getting their pics professionally made earlier this year.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Typically get my dad a new jogging suit, but this year switched it up because he mentioned he didn't have any University of Michigan wear, so I got him a sweatshirt.
    Got my mom tupperware, really nice tupperware.. because her current collection is JACKED UP.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm getting mine Harley Davidson mugs, since it seems they joined a biker gang of other retired boring old drunks.