BodyMedia Fit Vs BodyBugg?

Options
I'm looking at buying one of these for myself as a Christmas present ;)

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two products? Do I still need a subscription if I buy the watch monitor with it?

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I own a BB and got a 6 month free online trial the data base was horrible for food. I'm unsure if you can upload info without a subscription :/ was $7 last year when I checked.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    On,y BMF links with MFP.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK you can get Kiperformance.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    They are both from the same company. Software is the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I'll get the BodyMedia fit then if the BodyBugg won't link with MFP. YAY!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I'll get the BodyMedia fit then if the BodyBugg won't link with MFP. YAY!

Yeah, it's awesome now. Your cals burned transfer over from them, and your food logged here transfers over there. I'd never pay full price for the subscription, though. You can buy them on ebay way more economically.

ETA: You do need a subscription to set up your profile, so it'll know what you're burning, but you always get at least 3 months free (12 months if purchased at Costco). If you have a smartphone, I recommend the BodyMedia FIT Link.
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I recommend the BodyMedia FIT Link.

I am really happy to hear this, I just bought it last night. I have been off plan and struggling to get back on and stay there for the last couple of months. I am hoping this will provide me with a little motivation. I THINK as well that my husband may be getting me a gym membership for Christmas, to a gym I would like to go to because they are VERY heavy into weight lifting.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi MummaPage,

What a great gift for yourself! We’re happy to hear you are considering a BodyMedia FIT. We are proud to be the most accurate body monitoring device on the market for measuring calorie burn. As other people have mentioned, you do need a subscription. If you have any questions while setting up your Armband, please contact our Customer Support team at 888-850-2639. We’d be happy to help you out!

Hope this helps!

- Laurie