Bodymedia Users, calculate excersize calories?

Options
I got the link, but the problem is it records all calories used all day both inactive an active. Myfitnesspal has already taken into account your regularly used calories so when all your bodymedia calories come in they are doubling calories that have already been accounted for...

How do you guys do it? Do you delete the auto imported calories burned and manually type in your excersize calories?

I would rather have bodymedia calculate all my calories as they are accurate and MFP is a best guess.

Is this possible? How do you guys do it?

Replies

• Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How long have you had it? If not long, give it a week or so to adjust to your body.
    What I did was took an average lazy type day without a workout and used as my TDEE. I used the custom settings here and used whichever activity level got me the closest. Turned out I had to go to very active to reach that number (right around 2,000) so used that number and add in my exercise manually. IF the bmf and mfp have already synced and did the adjustment, I delete it, then add my exercise calories manually (I like them seperate) then resync to get the adjusment that is left. So far that has worked. I try to eat whatever MFP tells me to according to the day and activity level, it still gives me a deficit of about 500 calories because I have it set for 1 pound loss/wk.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump for later replys
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I synced mine and it adjusts to meet the goals you chose.

ETA: When I stick to my plan my weight loss has been right on target. On very active days calories go up and on inactive days not so much.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Becky388 Said:
    I delete it, then add my exercise calories manually

How can you figure out what your excersize calories are with the link? I can't figure it out. It's giving me the whole breakdown for the day, but not by hours or anything? I work out everyday so it's difficult for me to adjust out my normal resting calories. is there a way to look at it by hour? or minutes?

Is there a way to just start MFP at 0? and then import all your calories from BMF (BodyMedia Fit) ??

Bikinibelieve Said:
    I synced mine and it adjusts to meet the goals you chose.

I'm confused, surely you have to make adjustments??? MFP makes an assumption at the start of the day that you are going to burn X number of calories, BMF (BodyMedia Fit) brings in total calories burned.

If you make no adjusments, MFP will show total calories burned = (X) + (X + Excersize), you would be doubling your burned rested calories (X) ??
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Had an idea... What about just backing out = the mfp starting calories at the end of the day??? Should give an accurate count yes??
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The calories the bodymedia fit adds to MFP are the ones that are in addition to the calories MFP is giving you. They're not doublingit. So MFP estimates that I burn 1830 calories per day. In actuality, I burn about 2430 calories per day, so BMF generally adds about 600 "exercise" calories to MFP, bringing my food goal to about 1930 (instead of the 1330 I start the day with).
  • Mollie007
    Options
    The way I use my BMF is a little different than you, but this is what I do -

I log my food into My fitness pal. I don't add any exercise stuff in that webiste. I view everythign on my Body media fit page. It syncs over my food and then I look at my net deficit there. I am for a 1000 calorie deficit per day to lose 2 pounds per week. It says I can eat about 1400 calories per day to do this. Some days it's more depending on how long/hard I exercise. I just feel like doing it that way is more accurate. That being said, i don't care to have my exercise calories logged seperately. I also don't care how my MFP looks. I just log my food, wear my armband, and watch my calorie deficit and that's good enough for me!
  • Becky388
    Options
    I forgot to tell you how, oops, sorry. I use the workout section of the app while I'm working out, it tracks the calories during your workout. Or you could go into you activity manager and find that segment of the day to get the calories.
  • Becky388
    Options
    You do not have to add your exercise calories, it will adjust to you allowed calories in MFP when it syncs, I just like to see my seperate (it's a mental thing to keep me focused).
    Friday for example shows exercise (turbo fire) 370 then BMF additional adjustment of 167. I could have just let it do its thing and it would have just given me an adjustment of 537 instead.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Set MFP to sedentary and then it'll add in your exercise calories as you sync. It doesn't double the calories as far as I can tell.
  • Becky388
    Options
    If you want your exercise calories seperate, just use the workout part of the BMF app, then manuually add them to MFP. When BMF and MFP sync it will automatically readjust. I tried it this morning without deleting anything, the adjustment was 301 then after I added my workout of 363, and syncd again, it readjusted the BMF adjustment to 2??. it does not give you credit double credit - BMF keeps you honest ;)
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi SanDiegoCasey,

MyFitnessPal makes an adjustment when comparing the MFP estimate and the BodyMedia data. As long as you are not manually logging activity in MFP, your calorie burn information will be ok. If you are still having issues or have any other questions, you can always reach us at 888-850-2639 We would be happy to help you out!

- Laurie
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Mine sync together. All I enter into MFP are my foods. Then the BodyMedia adjusts my MFP calories based on calories burned. The programs communicate well, but sometimes there's a little delay.