New here and wanting to lose 30 lbs!

Options
Hi everyone, my names Christy and I am new to this site. I'm a Sahm and have let myself become overweight by snacking all day and sitting on the couch! Finally, I'd had enough and decided I had to start working out for once in my life! I've always been under 130lbs, even after having my 1st son I got down to 113lbs. After my 2nd son, I got down to 130lbs without dieting or exercise. But slowy the weight piled on over a period of 2 yrs.

I started getting serious last Tuesday and have exercised anywhere from 15-40 mins every day (except Sat). I just started tracking calories which is a lot tougher than the exercise for me. I tend to get low blood sugar very easily and snack to keep from getting shakey. I think it's a matter of retraining myself to snack healthier and not overeat when I'm too hungry.

My current weight is 155lbs and I'd like to get down to 125lbs. I feel that's a healthy weight for my height (5'2") and since I'm exercising, I will look more toned than ever!

I have to constantly remind myself that this will take time...and focus more on how I feel vs short term results.

Replies

• brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome....I think you have come to the right place. You will find out alot of good information on here and the people are so into motivating each other that it truely does help. I was very similar to you, I am 5'2 and I got up to 161lbs (at my heaviest), I just didn't exercise and ate whatever I wanted. I realized about June of last year that I was done being overweight. My goal was to lose 25lbs by Oct 1st and I lost 30lbs. I was so pleased with myself. The holidays & cold weather came around and not much exercising and eating comfort foods, I put some weight back on, 8lbs to be exact. My current goal is to lose 18lbs and I started on here in Feb and down 6lbs so I know it can be done. The people on here are wonderful and their stories really help you. So, I look forward to watching you shed those pounds.... Good Luck!:bigsmile:
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined not too long ago. Good luck on your journey. It is great to take control now instead of waiting till you have over 100 lbs to take off. I am looking at never dieting again - just eating healthy and finding out where my problem areas are.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    good going Christy...I just read your post on the "20 - 30 lbs to lose group" it'll be great to keep up with the successes!

I just had to comment to this post & your use of SAHM...yeah, showing my age. I just never heard the acronym & now I have. So that's what I am - hardest job I've ever held...thanks for the education & welcome (I'm fairly new, too).
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Christy, I also rejoined today and will begin my journey again to lose the 15 lbs I gained since last fall. Then I'll continue on to reach my goal weight. You're doing very well and I wish you all the best!
  • nfcostanzo
    Options
    hi, im new here too and really want to lose 20 or so pounds. as i'm sure most people, i've tried so many things to try to lose the weight but i guess what i lack is the constant motivation to do well. it's frustrating because it seems to consume my thoughts alot when i should be concentrating on other things, so i just want to do it now and actually get it over with. it would be nice to stay in touch with some people from time to time who have similar goals as i think ultimately that's what will help us in our success! i'm up for it if anyone else is!