Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

YOU'VE LOST SOME WEIGHT!!

alaskancoppertop
alaskancoppertop Posts: 35
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Yup, that is what I have been hearing lately. I ran into a friend of mine yesterday when I went to the PX to grab my kids Easter Baskets, and I happened to be coming from the gym, so I was still wearing my shorts and T-shirt (I didn't go home to change first since the PX is a block away from the gym) and she was stunned at my weight loss. I still don't see it that much, on the scale OR in the mirror, although my jeans are getting even baggier on me. I still don't fit into my "skinny" clothes, which is my goal, because I want to go on a mini shopping spree before my husband gets home on R&R, but if people are noticing, then I must be doing something right!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I've been hearing that alot this week too. Fact is I haven't lost any more in the last 2 weeks but I've been exercising a whole lot more. If you're working out, it's going to be obvious quicker. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    I don't go a day that someone doesn't say I look good :) I must really have LOOKED bad. I really think it is the working out with the weight loss.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    That's awesome! Compliments are the best and make you feel like everything you have been working so hard for is all worth it. You feel good doing it but nothing describes how you feel when someone else notices. Great job. Keep up the hard work!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I was just complaining to my boyfriend that I've lost about 10 lbs since Christmas and no one (except him) seems to have noticed. Then today I walked into my office and one of my coworkers (who always is very blunt and says exactly what is on his mind at the exact moment he thinks it) stopped in the middle of a conversation he was having with someone else and said "Hey, Kaitlin. You look skinny!"

So, that was awesome.
  • I don't go a day that someone doesn't say I look good :) I must really have LOOKED bad. I really think it is the working out with the weight loss.

I know! I have to bite my tongue because I keep wanting to look at people and go, "Gee, I didn't realize I looked so bad before!"

What makes it worse... when I was in high school, I yo-yoed between 130 - 140 depending on the sports season (I ran track/cross country and volleyball depending on the year). When I shipped for basic training, I was 140, but by the time I finished my training and reported to Alaska, I was down to 115 and wearing size 2 jeans. 14 months later I have gotten my discharge from Active Duty, 5 months pregnant, gained about 20 pounds by that time, go home and go to church with my mom, and my PASTOR looks at me and goes, "Jackie, looks like you lost some weight!" I actually looked at him and said, "I didnt' realize I was that big when I left, Father! I just gained 20 pounds because I am pregnant, I'll introduce you to my husband when he gets here in a couple weeks!" Yea, he was one of the priests that a lot of people clashed with a lot.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    One of the things that I find extremely important with women and weight loss is measuring! Get yourself a soft tape measure and keep it in the bathroom. When you do your weigh-ins, take a couple of minutes to measure as well. MFP does Neck, Waist, and Hips (waist is the smallest part of the torso and hips is the widest part around to the biggest part of the bum). Women tend to lose inches before losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!