Dinner Rolls Question

Options
I make a yeast "Lion House Roll" for Christmas. Prep time is short this year we are eating at noon. The day ahead can I mix and proof the dough ----once---- roll out to rolls and cover and refrigerate untill the next day say 10ish. Remove and they will proof the second time. Or will it kill the rise????
Thanks, Cec

Replies

• tubaman58
    Options
    It will slow the rise a bit, but they might actually taste better, I know that pizza crust left overnight in the fridge can taste fabulous
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, so I would either get up during the night to do the prep work or cook them the day before and reheat. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mix the dough, cover the bowl, stick it in the refrigerator over night.
    Next day, shape the rolls, let them rise, and bake them.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When I make cinnamon rolls (also a yeast dough) for breakfast, I will prepare the dough the evening before and let it rise, then form the cinnamon rolls and put the pan in the fridge overnight. They will rise a bit in the fridge. The next morning I will take the rolls out of the fridge and depending on how much time I have maybe let them rise at a warm place a little more. If I'm short on time I just pop them in the oven and they will also taste great.
    Hope this helps.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Thanks all