Dropped 140 lbs in 5 years

Options
From 2007 to 2012, this has been my transformation. Started my journey at 315... today I weighed in at 175!! 5 lbs to my goal!!! 2013 is all about muscle, muscle, muscle!! Last time my mom saw me was this past Easter at around 220.... I cannot wait to surprise her!! She's going to cry. I'm going to cry. If you're in the Philly airport this Saturday... and you see 2 grown adults crying... you'll know why :)

Even at my biggest I never saw myself as big as I was... Whenever I looked in the mirror I always saw the skinnier version of me... But now the reflection matches the perception... and it's awesome.

Thanks to MFP... I re-joined the One-Hundreds Club and finally shopped in those "skinny b*tch" stores (okay, so it's actually just H&M, but I wear a FITTED LARGE in H&M!!! not an XL!) Humbled, blessed, thankful. MFP got me over that last hump & I couldn't be happier!! Pray for me through this holiday season...haha... going back to the East Coast to all that great pizza, bagels, pierogies!!! haha. Purposely cutting back this week in anticipation of coming back to LA a little heavier...haha.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/pks007/2007to2012_zps701eef26.jpg

http://s1283.beta.photobucket.com/user/pks007/media/2007to2012_zps701eef26.jpg.html

Replies

• fearless_
    Options
    amazing job!

2007to2012_zps701eef26.jpg
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    congratulations. I liked what you said about perception matching reflection. That is very "quotable" Have a happy holiday!
  • mattgogal07
    Options
    thank you!!! :) haha and thanks for posting the pic... I was having such trouble..... :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. Congratulations on all your hard work. Good job :)
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and dedication!!!! You look fantastic! Al the best for 2013.
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    incredible... :)
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! WAY TO COMMIT.!!!!
  • bpdai
    bpdai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! What a difference! I sometimes get depressed about the rate the weight is coming off, but something like this really makes my day. It is coming off, and maybe at 5 years, I will be posting similar pictures. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!

You look awesome! Let the tears of joy fall
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Way to stay committed :) I'm anxious to hear how your mom reacts, I'm sure she's very proud of what you have accomplished and how you've made a healthier life for yourself. Happy holidays!
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! you look amazing.. good job =)
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! You killed it! Keep up the hard work of maintaining it. I know you can do it! :-)
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow! You look amazing!!!
  • newlife3182
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! You look great!
  • springhope99
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look amazing keep up the great work.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    what 100's club?
  • ugomajestic
    Options
    From 2007 to 2012, this has been my transformation. Started my journey at 315... today I weighed in at 175!! 5 lbs to my goal!!! 2013 is all about muscle, muscle, muscle!! Last time my mom saw me was this past Easter at around 220.... I cannot wait to surprise her!! She's going to cry. I'm going to cry. If you're in the Philly airport this Saturday... and you see 2 grown adults crying... you'll know why :)

Even at my biggest I never saw myself as big as I was... Whenever I looked in the mirror I always saw the skinnier version of me... But now the reflection matches the perception... and it's awesome.

Thanks to MFP... I re-joined the One-Hundreds Club and finally shopped in those "skinny b*tch" stores (okay, so it's actually just H&M, but I wear a FITTED LARGE in H&M!!! not an XL!) Humbled, blessed, thankful. MFP got me over that last hump & I couldn't be happier!! Pray for me through this holiday season...haha... going back to the East Coast to all that great pizza, bagels, pierogies!!! haha. Purposely cutting back this week in anticipation of coming back to LA a little heavier...haha.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/pks007/2007to2012_zps701eef26.jpg

http://s1283.beta.photobucket.com/user/pks007/media/2007to2012_zps701eef26.jpg.html

Good job mehn. But i'm wondering why it took you 5 years though.
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is incredible... Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!