Christmas

Options
Ah Christmas is almost here. The singing. The spending time with family. But with them comes all the cookies and cake and other goodies that for those of us who are dieting presents quite the temptation and set back before the new year.

I am a tad nervous about this time of year and I doubt I am alone so I figured since we still have about 5 days why not work together so even if we do cave we can minimize the damage. I am especially nervous because my mom is making tamales and those quickly add up so if you have any ideas tips or suggestions please post them.

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Eat at your maintenance level.

Don't be so focused on what happens in the next week, but focus on what you are doing for the other 51 weeks in the year.
  • vancityduck
    Options
    Indulge a little bit and exercise more to offset the extra eating. Even if you can add in an extra 20 mins of cardio each day - it will help.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I have lots of ideas for tamales. I do love them so. I haven't decided if I'm going to make them again this year. I like to cut them up and scramble them with eggs. Of course there's the classic chili poured on top. It's good poured on the tamales and eggs too. A little Mescal in your coffee and some fresh corn tortillas and it's the perfect breakfast.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    It's only a few days. Don't go crazy but don't obsess. Relax and enjoy. Don't fear food. A day or 2 of too much doesn't much in the long term.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I feel the same! what i've been doing at xmas dinners etc, is bringing healthy snacks such as a platter with cuccumber/carrots/celery and dip or fruit so i snack on the lighter options and only indulge a little, however on xmas day there is no-way i will be counting! haha