Can someone check my food diary?

Options
I'd really like some advice. Today and yesterday were bad days cus mom brought home pizza (I only ate two slices though! Today and yesterday) and I know I haven't broken the wall into no-junkfood-land so I'm still taking in a lot of that. I'm also pretty sure my carbs are too high? And probably my fat too. And I should really probably be drinking more water to boot.

The 160 quick adds are nature valley almond granola bars.

I'd just really like some advice over all I think, on what to eat and whatnot.

Thanks. c:

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    youre actually doing pretty decent. forget about 'too much' fat and carbs and focus on eating some protein at every meal. not necessarily meat. google high protein foods. feel free to add me and look for food ideas!
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing decent too. I guess if I were you, the only thing I would change is to try to avoid boxed/prepackaged foods. Make your own pizza, etc... more fruits veggies blah blah blah. I was stuck for a little while until I really cut out processed foods/boxed foods and then I was seeing bigger losses each week.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Overall you're doing okay!!! :)

Suggestions: More protein and fiber at breakfast. It looks like you're eating a lot of cereal. Also eating lots of processed foods probably isn't the best for anyone. Be sure to include less processed items in your diet more frequently. "If your food can go bad for you, than it's good for you. If it can't go bad, then it is bad for you." Use that as a rule of thumb in the long run. Eat lean meats. Don't go under 1200 calories. I see that you've done that...or you just didn't complete the diary that day. Either way, never eat less than 1200 calories. Watch your sodium intake. Hamburger helper, soups, breads, etc. are FULL of sodium. Also with consuming lots of sodium, you should be consuming more water.
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from white carbs. Eat carbs like fruit and veggies! If I eat pizza or pasta, even though it is a good portion size , the scale will go up at least 2 pounds the next day. What works for one person , doesnt always work for the next. The scale is finally moving for me, feel free to friend me, if you would like to check out my diary!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you want to look at your macros, doing quick adds for foods that are in the system won't help you. That said, your carb intake isn't overly high, but your fiber intake can be really low some days. I'd work on eating veggies more consistently and trying to even out your fiber. You also seem to be under eating most days. Do you not eat back your exercise calories?