Favorite appetizers

Options
We're hosting Christmas dinner on Tuesday and looking for some appetizers. Doesn't have to be completly clean either. Post your favorite.

Thanks!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Oysters Rockefeller, caviar, a decent pate with the usual preserves, Spanish ham and the prerequisite raw milk cheeses .......I'm excited.:bigsmile:
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for an amazing fresh cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip. I know it sounds strange, but it's a great mix of those ingredients plus cumin and cilantro and sugar and green onion....yum. People are always asking me to bring it. If it sounds like it is up your alley, send me a message and I'll get you the full recipe.
  • MattN1972
    Options
    I have a recipe for an amazing fresh cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip. I know it sounds strange, but it's a great mix of those ingredients plus cumin and cilantro and sugar and green onion....yum. People are always asking me to bring it. If it sounds like it is up your alley, send me a message and I'll get you the full recipe.

That sounds good. I love jalapeños.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Any sort of hummus (my favourite, garlic, roasted red pepper and feta hummus) and a spicy carrot dip (made from roasted carrots).
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Shrimp & Cocktail Sauce
    Veggies & Hummus
    Homemade Cheese Balls - These can be savory or sweet. Start with a base of cream cheese and add green peppers, spring onions, garlic, sharp & cheddar. Of for sweet, cream cheese, crushed pineapple, craisins, and pecans.
    Olive Tapenade
    Fresh fruit
    Stuffed mushrooms

If you want something more elaborate, food network's website has some great ideas.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump