I have totally blown it :(

Options
I was being so good and it only took one little sip of Pinnacle Key Lime Vodka to totally blow it today. I'm extremely ashamed. :( My food diary says it all. Yes, I'm logging every shameful glass. :( Somebody help!

Replies

• glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, you can start fresh!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad to see someone beat themselves up for a slip. We are all human and we will all slip up once in awhile. Just put it behind you and start anew! I am very proud that you are logging it truthfully. Being honest in your efforts will ensure your success! Tomorrow is a new day my dear!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Are you hammered right now :-) Just kidding, fun happens don't fight it. Make up for it tomorrow.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day and just start fresh. Besides, one slip isn't going to hurt.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just a day. There will be others.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I blew it yesterday. I went to lunch with friends, and ordered a plate of Chicken Nachos. 1490 calories. One mean was more than my entire amount of calories for my whole day. I won't be ordering those again!

But...it's one day. Whatever. That doesn't mean that the weight will now be forever permanent. It isn't an all-or-nothing thing. It just means that I'll meet my goal weight a few days later than I maybe would have otherwise. And really, after spending so many years at this weight, I think n the grand scheme of things, another few days to wait isn't going to be so bad.
  • caminas01
    Options
    Yes... hammered x 3 lol... I should know better... the things I get myself in to... lol
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    exactly, don't be so hard on yourself, we all have days like that!! I know I will christmas eve and christmas day...but after I will get back on track , you can too!!! and your day isn't that bad :happy:
  • dukeninja
    dukeninja Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Continue as normal, then at the end of the week, look at your weekly calorific goals to give you a more objective view of how you did for that week.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I ate literally twice as many calories as I should have today. But that doesn't mean I'm going to let myself gain back all that weight I lost. And you shouldn't feel that way either. Sometimes you need to give in to cravings, sometimes your body or mind just needs that bad day. Tomorrow you'll remember why you started doing this in the first place, you'll log healthy foods, and you'll start burning off those extra calories!:flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Good lord, you probably didn't even go over your TDEE.

Own it and move on.
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Guess what! You haven't 'totally blown it'! Enjoy the little things in life! The sun will come up tomorrow!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to ruin everything you worked for or prevent you from succeeding. If you feel that bad about it, work it off this week. It'll be fine.
  • Telecide
    Telecide Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We all have moments where our immediate wants seem to eclipse our greater wants. But I think if you log everything you at least keep one foot planted in the world of sanity. And you also get some useful data. When I slip it tends to be epic (large pizza, hot wings, 1/2 gallon coldstone birthday cake remix ice cream). Last time I forced myself to log everything. It became sort of a ghastly experiment, but I'm pretty sure it would have been worse if I allowed myself to keep it off the books.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    So you eating 100 above the general women's maintenance is blowing it? sometimes you have to look at the big picture
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    girlfriend are u just shooting flavored vodka? The database has those calories incorrect if you are.. unless you drank 13.5 oz of straight vodka lol
  • caminas01
    Options
    You guys are awesome... I feel better already and it only took five minutes! You guys rock! Thank you so much! :)
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tis the season. Tomorrow's a new day. If its not something you do everyday don't sweat it. We all are doing things we know we shouldn't. And I'm sure there are calories out there not getting logged by someone. I applaud you honesty for logging them.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just a sip? Girl, it looks like you had a blast. Congrats to whatever you were celebrating. Just get back to business tomorrow. Everyday can't be a party ;)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you calculated it correctly? And are you sure you had 150mL each time??

By my calculations, the Pinnacle is 133 cals an ounce and a shot is 1.5 ounces.
    1 ounce is ~30 mL, so a shot is ~45mL translates to 199 cals, which isn't THAT bad.

If you've had 3 drinks at 150 mL a pop (like your diary suggests), that equates to 450 mL which is the equivalent of drinking more than half the bottle...