Am I settling?

Options
I'm at a healthy weight for my height and like how my body looks enough. Does it mean I'm 'settling' or giving up for not continuing to lose? I could lose or gain 10 lbs and still be in a considered normal range. I could easily keep losing, but I don't think I'll be any happier if I do.

Thoughts, anyone? Has anyone wondered the same thing?

Replies

• fearless_
    Options
    If you're happy then you're fine. :)
    Congrats btw.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    If you are content, there is no reason to feel you are settling.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you happy with what you see in the mirror?
  • emmalilypad
    emmalilypad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy enough, I think. Not really sure I'll ever be totally happy, but being skinnier won't make me happier. Does that make sense?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Happy enough, I think. Not really sure I'll ever be totally happy, but being skinnier won't make me happier. Does that make sense?

maybe strength train to improve how you think your body looks - but if your weight is good, just be happy with it! Congratulations!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I like to have a cushion of a pound or two.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Perfect sense. Have you thought about weight training? Add a bit of muscle definition, some roundness, and firmness.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you did it! Congrats :)

Whatever weight you are happy at is the weight you are meant to be.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Where is the extra 10 lbs you think could lose? Is all over throughout your body, or just around your hips, stomach etc? If it's bunched in one place, then I'd recommend you target that area and slowly, no rush, ease it off. If it's on overall, you'd be ok with 10 off, I'd not really worry about it. If you look good dressed and you are happy with your reflection, then that is all you need for your physical state.
    To get emotionally happy, well.. you could.. win the lottery! But truthfully, even that happy wouldn't last.. you'd meet friends who crawled out of the woodwork to be your buddy.. family members too.. so skip the lottery.
    OK, one more suggestion. TRAVEL.. that always makes me happy! Only sad when I have to go back home.
    There are happys out there. . go find them.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    If you're happy and still eating well and exercising (it looks so to me but you're the only judge of that), then I say congrats! Enjoy what you've achieved.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    switch over to fitness goals like the tough muddier or some awesome workouts. fitness is more important that the number on the scale :drinker:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Maintain for awhile then reassess. Take the holidays off, take the winter off. You will know if you want more. Concentrate on maintenance and nutrition. What ever you do, keep on trackin' good buddy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

The hard part is to keep it off. In the process you'll fluxuate a bit up and down. Make sure you keep going down and not enough as you get into maintenance.
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    Don't go for skinny. Go for fit and healthy!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

If being skinnier wont make you happy then don't do it. However, do you think you would be happier if you toned your body more with Strength training? If so put more focus into that. :)
  • emmalilypad
    Options
    Where is the extra 10 lbs you think could lose? Is all over throughout your body, or just around your hips, stomach etc? If it's bunched in one place, then I'd recommend you target that area and slowly, no rush, ease it off. If it's on overall, you'd be ok with 10 off, I'd not really worry about it. If you look good dressed and you are happy with your reflection, then that is all you need for your physical state.
    To get emotionally happy, well.. you could.. win the lottery! But truthfully, even that happy wouldn't last.. you'd meet friends who crawled out of the woodwork to be your buddy.. family members too.. so skip the lottery.
    OK, one more suggestion. TRAVEL.. that always makes me happy! Only sad when I have to go back home.
    There are happys out there. . go find them.

It's all over, though probably mostly on my hips, stomach, and butt. And thanks for the travel suggestion! I'm off to Wales in 3 weeks for a much needed vacation!
  • emmalilypad
    Options
    You are all so fantastic! Thank you for the support and ideas. I definitely could work on strength and toning and hopefully the emotional happiness will eventually follow.
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    At this point it would make more sense to me that you focus on being healthy, than on losing weight. :) Especially if your heart isn't really in losing any more, then just focus on being in shape which is not the same as skinny.